The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I completely disagree. You seem to want to cast/assign blame to everyone in YEA/Cadets for the actions of 1 individual. Let's not do that. 

That is not what I am doing which is why the words “at least temporarily” is part of my response. I do believe YEA and Cadets have lots of capable folks, but right now they are all too close to the situation. An outsider can work with these folks, but at least in the short term an outsider would probably be the best bet to help clean things up. 

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Silence would have been better than this pathetic, two-sentence nothing burger.

well, it is DCA admin. all i'll say

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Cavalier's policy statement says that SA/SH was a major discussion item at the Januals; vs 'hallway rumour discussions' describe a thousand or so posts ago.

policy and procedure was discussed yes in the board room.

rumors about individuals were not discussed in the board room. Pretty much everywhere else though

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And at least one post in the last 30 or so minutes has been deleted. Along with my reply which explains why I couldn’t find it lol 

I had one removed too - apparently its frowned upon to show how to defeat tracking cookies.  Its OK tho, I'll survive. :)

Just now, skevinp said:

So what do we call the next guy,   "the Temporary Interim CEO, pending investigation of the interim CEO, pending replacement of the interim CEO with a permanent CEO", or TICEOPIICEOPRICEOPCEO?

It’s not good to have to put out fires every 24 hours. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not good to have to put out fires every 24 hours. 

Its more like the same fire rekindling itself than a completely new fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebo said:

Ridiculous. He has acted in the past and even acted to another complaint the alleged victim had with another situation where that person was fired by Sean so your argument is null.  

while i want to believe you...right now, the only words we have to go by are yours. those employees maybe want to reach out to the press to defend him as well as the board with specific examples to help right?

i wouldnt recommend they make a facebook page asking for support. that didnt help George any

hence why the new board needs to do the investigation. Blowing the comments off and moving forward puts the entire organization right back to last Thursday.

• Like 2

Working at home tomorrow and plan to do my online SA/SH training mods. Too bad I can’t invite people to watch with me. The SA one is gut churning thou.

and thanks Jeff for using the acronyms

56 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A lot of the time I’ve heard employees to be initially charmed by Hop’s charisma, which I personally have never understood because he’s always come off as a creepy weirdo to me. 

Or, as it is known in the industry, chareepsma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1