The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

by the way....going back to withholding donations if you dont get your way...that doesnt even work in college sports anymore.

Why? It's blown up in people's faces too many times. Let's not even bring up politics

Oh and by the way isn't this what exactly happened when the new group demanded he be removed or they would blackmail the corp and go to the news with all of this?  I guess the way they handled all of it was above board, right?

5 minutes ago, ebo said:

Jeff I will give my money to whom I want too.  You don't know me or even have any idea of the money I was about to drop on this corp so mind your own.  If Sean King is made collertal damage because of GH actions then I have a right to my own. Believe me I know a lot of the donors and they are not happy right now. They all have the upmost respect for Sean and this would be a very big mistake on the organization to not right this wrong to him and his family.  

Describe “righting the wrong”. He has been accused of ignoring something that should have been reported. If he has been removed pending an investigation that is normal procedure so don’t even see the wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ebo said:

Jeff I will give my money to whom I want too.  You don't know me or even have any idea of the money I was about to drop on this corp so mind your own.  If Sean King is made collertal damage because of GH actions then I have a right to my own. Believe me I know a lot of the donors and they are not happy right now. They all have the upmost respect for Sean and this would be a very big mistake on the organization to not right this wrong to him and his family.  

If your support is dependent on the board making the terrible choice not to follow up on these accusations then the corps is probably better off without your support. I think that you think you are more important than you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MikeM said:

Sorry, Mr. King doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.  Not now.  He must wait out the investigative process. 

Fair?  Probably not.  But direct your anger at Mr. Hopkins and not the BoD.

And, if Mr. King DID act inappropriately, he must accept the punishment.  That's just the way it is.  Just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it not necessary.

Look there is a group of people behind the victims that used this as an opportunity to take over YEA.  If they were 100% about the victims then they would have come right out with it without demands that GH goes and let justice be served.  There was a whole plan set up to get GH out and this was his mistakes that finally was his end.  Grant you I am no fan of GH nor do I think he is innocent, but it is very obvious that the main goal here was to remove him at all cost and blackmail YEA into doing so without providing any proof to thier board.  If it was all about the victims and nothing but them, these people would have not used this to get thier own people in to control the corp.  This whole thing stinks and now attack Sean is the final straw for me. Unfortunately for them I am not the only one that feels this way.   

11 minutes ago, ebo said:

no donor to that organization should be happy about any of it. But, given the issue at hand, anything that even remotely looks or smells fishy is a HUGE concern for the organizations survival. You want to take your ball and go home, fine, but look at the big picture here dude. This corps is literally on borrowed time if the bleeding doesnt stop, and seans name being mentioned in anything other than the interim CEO job only adds to the mess YEA finds itself in. he may #### well be perfectly innocent, but there's procedures to follow, and if they arent...you can kiss the entire organization goodbye....both corps, band circuit, everything.

So huff and puff and tuck your checkbook in if you want, there's a whole helluva lot more at stake here. Remember, being a Cadet is about "we", not "me"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ebo said:

Oh and by the way isn't this what exactly happened when the new group demanded he be removed or they would blackmail the corp and go to the news with all of this?  I guess the way they handled all of it was above board, right?

would you trust the old YEA management and board?

I wouldn't trust them with a dead dogs carcass

1 minute ago, ebo said:

Look there is a group of people behind the victims that used this as an opportunity to take over YEA.  If they were 100% about the victims then they would have come right out with it without demands that GH goes and let justice be served.  There was a whole plan set up to get GH out and this was his mistakes that finally was his end.  Grant you I am no fan of GH nor do I think he is innocent, but it is very obvious that the main goal here was to remove him at all cost and blackmail YEA into doing so without providing any proof to thier board.  If it was all about the victims and nothing but them, these people would have not used this to get thier own people in to control the corp.  This whole thing stinks and now attack Sean is the final straw for me. Unfortunately for them I am not the only one that feels this way.   

Flashback to Penn State uber  alles (aka JoeBots) supporters with conspiracy theory 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, dbc03 said:

If your support is dependent on the board making the terrible choice not to follow up on these accusations then the corps is probably better off without your support. I think that you think you are more important than you are.

They can make thier own decision and I will make mine.  Everyone knows that Sean was next.  It didn't fit into thier plan.  After all the crap hit the fan they had one more problem to solve and then had another victim pop up out of no where that happened to call Sean out by name.   Complete crap!  This man is being set up. 

4 minutes ago, ebo said:

ok...let's be honest here for a second.

look at the initial press release by the old YEA Board. Read those last three paragraphs.

If you truly think those puppets were going to do anything other than what George wanted done, I have several thousand acres or desert far removed from civilization for sale for a really good price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1