The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

So, I wonder if April Gilligan is coming back? Or if any of the great instructors of the past will come back now that the former director (his name isn’t worth even saying) is gone.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I've wondered the same thing. Or if YEA decides to cease operations, declare bankruptcy or whatever - would the Cadets be considered an asset or free to emerge from the fire on their own? Instruments, vehicles and such would be a YEA asset, so they would truly start from scratch. That would be a heck of a fundraiser.

I would think a lot would depend on how YEA and their programs are  structured.

its unclear,at least from YEA's website, how YEA's programs fall within their "umbrella".

It  could go as far as YEA owning  the "rights" to the corps name.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the above conversation got me looking for Kristy Templin on the Cadets staff page. She is indeed no longer listed. 

I watched a little of one of his Facebook Live sessions a couple months ago, and she was involved then. So presumably her absence from the staff page is recent.

35 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the above conversation got me looking for Kristy Templin on the Cadets staff page. She is indeed no longer listed. 

I watched a little of one of his Facebook Live sessions a couple months ago, and she was involved then. So presumably her absence from the staff page is recent.

Just a guess, but if she has any sense of right from wrong -- and I have heard she is outstanding as a teacher and designer for guard -- that she has likely said goodbye to Hoppy. Maybe she will stand by him until further proof comes out, IDK.

47 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I would think a lot would depend on how YEA and their programs are  structured.

its unclear,at least from YEA's website, how YEA's programs fall within their "umbrella".

It  could go as far as YEA owning  the "rights" to the corps name.

Whether a corps owns a name came up in discussions about five years ago and the discussion centered around whether a new corps called 27th Lancers. The arguments in favor claimed that where 27th Lancers are a British army unit and a mentioned in the Tennyson poem, it would be in the public domain. Others claimed where it was the 27th Lancers drum and bugle corps, it was trade marked and could not be used.

Where Cadets is not that unique a name, YEA would not own the rights, though this might not be the case if Garfield, Bergen County, or Allentown were attached. 

If it ever came to this, it would be a matter for lawyers.

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

I've wondered the same thing. Or if YEA decides to cease operations, declare bankruptcy or whatever - would the Cadets be considered an asset or free to emerge from the fire on their own? Instruments, vehicles and such would be a YEA asset, so they would truly start from scratch. That would be a heck of a fundraiser.

How did it work w/ Boston in the early 1980s?  Or are there a completely new set or rules 38 yrs (!) later?

Man, I want to participate in this discussion, but 288 pages, I'm extremely sure I'm going to say something that's already been addressed.

• Like 3