The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Is anyone else here surprised that the one person who did the right thing by reporting rape to Acheson is being cast as the villain? 

Thinking about this...

And I don't know, I'm not a conspiracy guy, etc.

Even if DCI technically doesn't have the authority, powers, etc. This could be something where, you do it with the thought that- Hey, would anyone be senseless and crazy enough to challenge what we're doing in court and try and get an injunction? The court of public opinion would pretty much weigh heavily against any party doing that at this point.

Edited by BigW

3 minutes ago, wallace said:

Is anyone else here surprised that the one person who did the right thing by reporting rape to Acheson is being cast as the villain? 

By whom? Not by 99 percent of the posters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Thinking about this...

And I don't know, I'm not a conspiracy guy, etc.

Even if DCI technically doesn't have the authority, powers, etc. This could be something where, you do it with the thought that- Hey, would anyone be senseless and crazy enough to challenge what we're doing in court and try and get an injunction? The court of public opinion would pretty much weigh heavily against any party doing that at this point.

The court of public opinion, correct or not seems to be worse than the law at times. Just look in the past months all across the country

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

The court of public opinion, correct or not seems to be worse than the law at times. Just look in the past months all across the country

Yeah, I know. Still, I don't think anyone would want upset people picketing or protesting them on that.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wallace said:

OK, I must have missed something.  Who reported rape to Acheson, and who is being cast as the villain?

5 minutes ago, wallace said:

Surprised?  No. Disappointed?  Yes. Stu was a goofball so not credible. Stu went to the wrong person. That's right, the executive director of DCI has no power. He can only shrug his shoulders. Oh and he also has no recollection of any conversation. And yet, time and again on this website I read that Hopkins' proclivities were "the worst kept secret in DCI".  It doesn't add up. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

How did it come to pass that this organization, which can only schedule and promote shows, placed a corps on probation?

I think I'd have to disagree somewhat with the notion that DCI as an organization can only schedule and promote shows. It appears that DCI, through its voting members, dictates policy as to what happens ON the field (number of members, instrumentation allowed, judging criteria, etc.). Perhaps DCI, again through its voting members, actually CAN also dictate policy as to what happens OFF the field. Not wanting to start any arguments with anyone, just expressing a thought that's in my head.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wallace said:

Based on the article he didn't report rape to Acheson. He third hand reported a relationship between GH and a member of the corps... which may or may not be true. None of the victims that have come forward were members during that timeframe.

Hopefully if those allegations are true the victim will come forward and corroborate the story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldsoprano said:

I think I'd have to disagree somewhat with the notion that DCI as an organization can only schedule and promote shows. It appears that DCI, through its voting members, dictates policy as to what happens ON the field (number of members, instrumentation allowed, judging criteria, etc.). Perhaps DCI, again through its voting members, actually CAN also dictate policy as to what happens OFF the field. Not wanting to start any arguments with anyone, just expressing a thought that's in my head.

and who are the voting members.....the corps

• Like 2