The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, madisonsmiley said:

It was intentional. Sorry that you missed that. LOL

I'm very skeptical of new posters or in your case infrequent ones...I see the point though (NOW)...BUT...for those that have not seen DCI's policies etc....They MIGHT believe that to actually be written by DCI...I just wanted to nip that in the bud before it began...my first glance was it was except from DCI's policies (which I've NEVER seen)...

Hello DCI...a little more TRANSPARENCY might be in order...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, madisonsmiley said:

The NCAA places a significant burden and substantial set of rules on participating schools, players, teams, coaches and staffs. If you want to compete in a NCAA sanctioned sport or event, you play by the NCAA's rules. They are very, very detailed and substantive. Training and monitoring compliance is a huge effort.

https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4511-2017-2018-ncaa-division-i-manual-august-version-available-august-2017.aspx

DCI is not a governing body though..or at least that is my understanding of their role...perhaps that MAY change...

Edited by Liahona

31 minutes ago, madisonsmiley said:

It is a cop out if DCI says they don't have control over the corps, corps members, or their staffs. They run the "show." If you want to be in the show, play by our rules. This is a chance for the organization to step up and provide positive leadership. To paraphrase another major league:

"It is a privilege to be part of Drum Corps International. Everyone who is part of DCI must refrain from 'conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence' in DCI. This includes management, instructors, members, other employees of participating organizations, officials, judges and employees of DCI or any other DCI business.

Conduct by anyone participating in DCI that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the activity, and undercuts public respect and support for DCI. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our corps and member organizations, the communities we represent, and DCI.

0ap3000000828506.pdf

Dude, you got me. How about trying to be truthful instead of showing up and pulling stunts?

The NCAA places a significant burden and substantial set of rules on participating schools, players, teams, coaches and staffs. If you want to compete in a NCAA sanctioned sport or event, you play by the NCAA's rules. They are very, very detailed and substantive. Training and monitoring compliance is a huge effort.

https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4511-2017-2018-ncaa-division-i-manual-august-version-available-august-2017.aspx

DCI would benefit from finding a really good D1 compliance officer with significant, high-level experience, and gravitas, hiring them, and giving them authority to get stuff done. It would benefit the activity a lot.

Edited by madisonsmiley

18 minutes ago, BigW said:

Dude, you got me. How about trying to be truthful instead of showing up and pulling stunts?

The disclaimer was there, just not clear. It didn't make the "quote" cut.

Edited by footform
  • Thanks 1

I'm talking to myself in the Color Guard thread about WGI finals tonight if anyone else is watching and wants to join in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, footform said:

The disclaimer was there, just not clear. It didn't make the "quote" cut.

Thank you. I try very hard to be clear and also truthful myself. With this whole thread, it deserves and demands real clarity and truth right now, just my thoughts.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm talking to myself in the Color Guard thread about WGI finals tonight if anyone else is watching and wants to join in.

I watched some last night and will probably check in later after we get some dinner. Date night.  

• Like 2