The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Just to clarify:

It looks like in the article he said he did go to the police, but that they told him they couldn't do anything.  

And also, he acknowledged in the article that he didn't see anything himself.  He said he had heard a rumor.

so Dan is being made to look like a bad guy for no reason

• Like 3

GH “Shirley we know I have serious problems but what they are is a whole other issue :-) 
Actually we were watching radar and convincing the stadium management to let cadets 2 get on before the rain . Needless to say - unsuccessful; at least for a while . Glad all the corps.got out there :-) 

KG “We're all in drum corps. If we don't have issues, THAT'S when something's wrong with us!

EC “Drum corps *is* an issue, probably our major one. As long as we don't suffer in silence. ;)

interesting disussion knowing know what has happened

Edited by ripper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ripper said:

Actually we were watching radar and convincing the stadium management to let cadets 2 get on before the rain . Needless to say - unsuccessful; at least for a while . Glad all the corps.got out there .

That was the first year in Annapolis.  Jim threw his towel down to the pit to dry off the equipment. 

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Just to clarify:

It looks like in the article he said he did go to the police, but that they told him they couldn't do anything.  

And also, he acknowledged in the article that he didn't see anything himself.  He said he had heard a rumor.

Thanks for that.  So, if STU reported it to the authorities, aka the police, and they did nothing, then I wonder what would Acheson do that the police could not?  What's the point of the article mentioning STU in the first place? 

A lot of people on here don't know  how controversial and crap stirring STU was on RAMD.  As I've said, there is a point where things can become a Witch Hunt and "EVERYONE" becomes suspect. We can just have random third parties accuse people that they have a beef with  of knowing something bad and not acting on that hearsay to get rid of them...

No concrete evidence needed. I say, give that evidence to the authorities and let them figure out what is actionable or not.

Alternatively, we get into potential defamation torts.

When we have accusations from victims, then that should carry a lot more weight and that needs to be addressed in every way possible.

What we got with the STU article is just stirring the pot for more views. 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so Dan is being made to look like a bad guy for no reason

Yup, that's what it seems like to me now.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 6:30 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

There have been a number of posts in this thread about Cadets having undergone substantial personnel changes after 2016.

That was also the Clash of the Corps season.

Lordy, I hope there are tapes?

I was skimming this thread trying to catch up and was wondering if this show had been forgotten. I know GH appeared in it, but I don't recall much what he had to say.

(Sorry if this is late to the party.  I'll skim on....)

6 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Agreed... I would hope that whatever is learned/developed can be models for other.

Exactly. Given the purpose of the organization- I'm certain they want to make sure that they're available to everyone for assistance. Maybe one of the few good things that's come out of this so far is that I'd never heard of them before, and knowing they exist is one of those good things to know and keep in the back pocket if needed.