The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Though this comment was directed at BRASSO, allow me to respond with one such example from within this thread:

Well, this is easy.

Hey George Dixon, did you make a comment about hoping Cadets will "...pay down debt..." as if to inform us that, in your opinion, Cadets have too much debt?  Do you, by chance, know how much debt they have?  Either marginal numbers or even as a percentage of gross income?

Has anyone given you information that makes you believe debt-reduction should be a prime focus to right the Cadets' financial ship?

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

Did ya mean pore?

So they are gonna pore over the books to see how poor they might be; people will pour a glass and watch with interest.

Sorry Brasso, couldn't resist. 

I'll" poor" you a drink, as you are of course correct, my friend.

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reported something shady at work and nothing happened. Went to boss again and he got this look of horror and told me to keep quiet for now without explanation. Trusted him so did as I was told. Later found out fraud investigation and guilty party had no idea authorities had caught on. If I had griped here and there I could have screwed up everything.

YES. Well done, sir.

59 minutes ago, garfield said:

I read all of your posts, Brasso!  You know that!

And DCI's looking at Cadets' finances doesn't bolser, validate, add credence, or point to anything related to speculation about Cadets' debt.

:whistle:)

I don't even know what you mean with this at this point,... lol... but will give you the last word on it here, and simply say in reply.... " ok ".

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

At my company anything ethos or fraud you report regardless how many reports there have been made

You may not know someone else has reported it. What you may find helps the ongoing investigation. Though, sometimes when you see something you're then asked to keep quiet- in the case I was asked to be quiet at work, they were hoping the culprits would come back and dip into their cache of stolen goods since they had no idea it was found.

Why anyone would risk their job over a pilfered case of Reese's' Pieces is beyond me, Jeff.....

Just now, footform said:

"The Case of the Pilfered Pieces" a tasty novel, indeed.

There also was the "Case of the Pilfered Beef Jerky." An entire work area got stung. I know Beef Jerky's pricey but is it worth your job, no matter how tasty? :tic:

In thinking about how far back GH's misdeeds go, I began wondering... assuming the allegations are true, what if he had been caught and ousted long ago... decades ago?  Certainly fewer victims.  But, also, what would DCI look like today... the butterfly effect.  GH was a pivotal force in shaping the way drum corps has changed in the last couple decades in regard to electronics, amplification, new instruments, etc.  I don't want to open up a debate on the controversial changes he pushed for, but rather just to note that his presence or dominance in the activity has taken it on a certain path to where it is now.  It is interesting to me just to hypothesize about what shows might look like today if his last year with DCI was somewhere in the 90's.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, garfield said:

Well, this is easy.

Hey George Dixon, did you make a comment about hoping Cadets will "...pay down debt..." as if to inform us that, in your opinion, Cadets have too much debt?  Do you, by chance, know how much debt they have?  Either marginal numbers or even as a percentage of gross income?

Has anyone given you information that makes you believe debt-reduction should be a prime focus to right the Cadets' financial ship?

Back in October of 2017 on Reddit I read the resignation letter from the director of USBands that stated YEA was nearly $1 million in debt and it is because GH didn't know how to use a simple budget. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/75djf0/the_truth_about_george_hopkins/

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1