The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

17 hours ago, Tim K said:

When it comes to criminal wrongdoing, there can be many variables.

First, for a criminal case to be opened, there is not much that can be done unless one of the accusers files a charge in the state where the incident took place. 

Accusers/victims don't file criminal charges. Only a municipal, state or federal attorney can do that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Hmmm...I wonder what type of retirement he has with YEA, pension or 403(b) account.

Even OJ kept his pension. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

And loose all the content without a curated review? Probably not the best approach. Efficient... yes. Effective... maybe not.

What’s so valuable and irreplaceable there that’s worth the manpower to slog through hundreds of video? That hasn’t been saved and/or copied a hundred times already? This is a new beginning. Let’s break free from the constraints of the past while holding on to the traditions that truly matter. Let it go!

8 minutes ago, wallace said:

What’s so valuable and irreplaceable there that’s worth the manpower to slog through hundreds of video? That hasn’t been saved and/or copied a hundred times already? This is a new beginning. Let’s break free from the constraints of the past while holding on to the traditions that truly matter. Let it go!

That is your assumption. If they have no other archive themselves why would they destroy it before doing a review?

44 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

That is your assumption. If they have no other archive themselves why would they destroy it before doing a review?

If they have no archive or backups they are in worse shape than I though. They should have multiple backups. Would take a while but can remove media from being accessible and put back on line on a case by case basis.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, Daave said:

With regard to the vehicle and the laptop and whatever other physical property he may still have, I would imagine he could argue that since he hadn't been fired until yesterday, he didn't not see an issue there.

I understand the publicity, the way it looks, the situation and everything else discussed... but, is that not par for the course for him?  Has he not, for a period of time, shown that he does not have that filter or care to even acknowledge that that filter exists, let alone care what others think?

He's a yam bag.  Nothing that may come out in the future will surprise me.  

Karma, Earl

The moment you either resign from a company or are terminated, you have an obligation to return all company property, period.  There is usually a reasonable period to accomplish this depending on what the property is.  Computers and cars tend to be fairly quick (or immediate) because the former has proprietary information and the latter has insurance implications.  One notable exception is if you give notice and the company agrees to a handover period, where you need continued use of the company property.  Some companies will also let the employee buy the laptop (after the information is wiped) or the car.  I suspect that this was a pretty clean break, so everything should have been resolved quickly.

• Like 1

Yeah what personal information that could be on that laptop would worry the crap out of me if I was connected to any part of YEA. If GH “did everything” chances are the laptop in his possession would have “everything”. Ok just took an hours online security course so tuned in that way right now.

• Like 1

Ok, I just checked in to DCA forms after being a way from posting for a while, and just got the news about Hopkins and the Cadets (I'm a little slow on the uptake). 

Assuming the stories are true and the victims are telling the truth, then I'm disgusted at some of the posts and statements I see from members. I'm also disheartened and appalled at YEA's response statement. 

Why?

I am reading all sorts of posts about how this is such a "sad time for the Cadets," oh what a "painful moment" for all those who care about the Cadets and YEA...."Cadet fans are going through such a tough time."   Woah is me.  Pity pity.  

What about the painful moments these victims went throughWhat about the sad time for these young women?  What kind of "tough time" do you think they've endured?   We actually think that as fans of the Cadets our pain as outsiders looking in matches the level of pain of the victims of sexual assault?!  Baloney. 

Edited by chris7997
  • Like 2