The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah what personal information that could be on that laptop would worry the crap out of me if I was connected to any part of YEA. If GH “did everything” chances are the laptop in his possession would have “everything”. Ok just took an hours online security course so tuned in that way right now.

I was definitely thinking of what was on the HD that wasn't on a backup or cloud sync.  (Does YEA! even have that?) Barring that, how quick were they in disabling access to accounts or what accounts does he have full control over that no one else had passwords.  Physically, were locks changed or keycode access changed?

(We had one remote employee, where the IT team didn't terminate properly, and the employee deleted all local replica mail, which in turn deleted the server replica.  That was messy)

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If they have no archive or backups they are in worse shape than I though. They should have multiple backups. Would take a while but can remove media from being accessible and put back on line on a case by case basis.

Should being the operative word. I am sure they will get to this and see what is what in due time. 

3 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Ok, I just checked in to DCA forms after being a way from posting for a while, and just got the news about Hopkins and the Cadets (I'm a little slow on the uptake). 

Assuming the stories are true and the victims are telling the truth, then I'm disgusted at some of the posts and statements I see from members. I'm also disheartened and appalled at YEA's response statement. 

Why?

I am reading all sorts of posts about how this is such a "sad time for the Cadets," oh what a "painful moment" for all those who care about the Cadets and YEA...."Cadet fans are going through such a tough time."   Woah is me.  Pity pity.  

What about the painful moments these victims went throughWhat about the sad time for these young women?  What kind of "tough time" do you think they've endured?   We actually think that as fans of the Cadets our pain as outsiders looking in matches the level of pain of the victims of sexual assault?!  Baloney. 

The YEA statement is pathetic.   "George has resigned. Though he denies the allegations, he believes stepping aside is in the best interest of the organization. We agree."  WHY?  If he did NOTHING wrong, then why resign?  And why would YEA agree of his resignation. If he's falsely accused he shouldn't resign.   This is YEA wiping their hands of any guilt or shame.

And then YEA has the GALL to say, "Today was difficult for everyone. We expect tomorrow to be better."   Today was difficult for everyone?!  So again, the pain of the victims is as bad as the pain you YEA are going through right now?   We expect tomorrow to be better?!  All ready to move on and sweep this under the rug are we YEA? 

But YEA reminds us "The dancing at Xcape won't stop."  Oh ok.  That makes everything better. I FEEL so better.  Thank you. 

Chris,

Please read forward in time...a lot of what you are quoting was from the original BOD, which resigned. The new BOD did not accept the resignation of GH...they fired him for cause. There are a lot of articles and subsequent discussion that cover most of what you posted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

I am reading all sorts of posts about how this is such a "sad time for the Cadets," oh what a "painful moment" for all those who care about the Cadets and YEA...."Cadet fans are going through such a tough time."   Woah is me.  Pity pity.  

What about the painful moments these victims went throughWhat about the sad time for these young women?  What kind of "tough time" do you think they've endured?   We actually think that as fans of the Cadets our pain as outsiders looking in matches the level of pain of the victims of sexual assault?!  Baloney. 

The YEA statement is pathetic.   "George has resigned. Though he denies the allegations, he believes stepping aside is in the best interest of the organization. We agree."  WHY?  If he did NOTHING wrong, then why resign?  And why would YEA agree of his resignation. If he's falsely accused he shouldn't resign.   This is YEA wiping their hands of any guilt or shame.

That was an unfortunate statement by the now ex-Board of Directors, and was tone deaf and astoundingly inept.  The more recent communication by the new BOD, in conjunction with a hired PR firm, is much better.  

I do not think that anyone here thinks that their pain matches the pain of the victims.  It cannot.  However, there can be many stages of grief over many aspects of this - each victim, the sheer number of victims, and then how it affects the organization as a whole, the marching members, then the community at large.  It's normal and it's natural.  And I think in a very vast majority, those who have posted here are aware of this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given the circumstances that led to this situation, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think there may be some...stuff... on that laptop he doesn’t want to see the light of day. Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

I was definitely thinking of what was on the HD that wasn't on a backup or cloud sync.  (Does YEA! even have that?) Barring that, how quick were they in disabling access to accounts or what accounts does he have full control over that no one else had passwords.  Physically, were locks changed or keycode access changed?

(We had one remote employee, where the IT team didn't terminate properly, and the employee deleted all local replica mail, which in turn deleted the server replica.  That was messy)

Ok point I missed. Unless YEA has physical backups in their hot little hands all bets are off. Good catch...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Chris,

Please read forward in time...a lot of what you are quoting was from the original BOD, which resigned. The new BOD did not accept the resignation of GH...they fired him for cause. There are a lot of articles and subsequent discussion that cover most of what you posted. 

Fair enough.  I just read the old Board resigned.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

If you're just catching up, read everything before you comment. You're days behind. Also, for the love of all that's holy, fix your DCP signature file.

2 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

If you're just catching up, read everything before you comment. You're days behind. Also, for the love of all that's holy, fix your DCP signature file.

I don't see any problem with highlighting an old Board post. It's a pretty serious story.  We comment on things politicians do years ago. I think it's worth exposing so the new Board knows we don't want more stories about how "great a year" this is and more sensitive outreach to the victims.  That's all. 

But I apologize for the signature ad. I have no idea how that got there. Sorry! 

22 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Just catching up on this whole Ford Theater incident.  Can you believe that guy had the nerve to yell "Sic Semper Tyrannis?"  I hope they are looking for him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5