The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just catching up on this whole Ford Theater incident.  Can you believe that guy had the nerve to yell "Sic Semper Tyrannis?"  I hope they are looking for him.  

News reports this afternoon have the suspect cornered in Harpers Ferry, Virgina. Feds might want to consider putting in place stricter firearm laws after this,. Like stricter background checks on gun powder purchases,and making Washington, D.C. a " pistol/ musket free zone " or some creative new ideas that are being floated out at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

58 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Ok, I just checked in to DCA forms after being a way from posting for a while, and just got the news about Hopkins and the Cadets ...

I highly recommend the original post in this thread, which has been updated to include links to many news stories about these events. You'll catch up quickly once youve read that material.

49 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Given the circumstances that led to this situation, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think there may be some...stuff... on that laptop he doesn’t want to see the light of day. Just a thought.

Ya, that laptop of George could lots of stuff that he might want to have scrubbed.

3 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I hope this story isn’t overshadowed by the whole “G7” thing I’ve been hearing rumors about.

The 6 are lighting candles as we speak that they did not follow.... " He, whose Name Shan't Be Mentioned ".

Say no more on THAT.

2 hours ago, wallace said:

What’s so valuable and irreplaceable there that’s worth the manpower to slog through hundreds of video? That hasn’t been saved and/or copied a hundred times already? This is a new beginning. Let’s break free from the constraints of the past while holding on to the traditions that truly matter. Let it go!

That's a good question. Potential prosecutors/litigants may find something we'd never think of. Right now... taking things off and flushing them down the memory hole unless they're archived or stored somewhere could be viewed as a coverup or destruction of evidence.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Any truth to the rumors of corps doing asymmetrical drill this year? That's going to be hard on the marching timpani players

My 14-year old son is just now really getting in to DCI.  We were discussing various recent shows, so I quickly pulled up the '76 Blue Devils to get is reaction.  His face when he saw the marching tympani was priceless.  Pretty much the real-world version of :blink:

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, chris7997 said:

What about the painful moments these victims went throughWhat about the sad time for these young women?  What kind of "tough time" do you think they've endured?   We actually think that as fans of the Cadets our pain as outsiders looking in matches the level of pain of the victims of sexual assault?!  Baloney. 

I understand you have not read all 400 pages of this thread, where numerous people have acknowledged in so many words that their Cadet-fan-pain is nothing compared to the abuse-harassment-pain of the victims.

Hopefully, you understand that we can discuss both without negating their relative significance.