The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

17 minutes ago, cowtown said:

I'm curious 

a lot of people say this is the tip of the iceberg so how bad is the problem, what are the numbers and what are they really talking about?

are they saying that to try and mitigate the situation, act like an insider or because it's a huge problem? 

In the past 35 years plus, I've known of three issues (one unconfirmed);  Hoppy, the other guy no longer in DCI that we all know about but can't talk about (which I found out about because of the Hoppy thing), then way back in the early 80s a top staffer didn't return from a corps, no explanation from staff just gone. There were rumors in the corps that he dated and age out and got bounced so at least that corps in the 80's didn't put up with it

so let's put some numbers on this so I have a context

I think this question will draw the ire of the mods because the answers can only involve speculation.  

The Godfather and his war-time consigliere won't take kindly, IMO, if you're being anything other than sarcastic.

JMHO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is stuff we don't know that we don't know.

How much is TBD

You have the known knowns; you have the known unknowns; and you have the unknown unknowns.  So apparently we're in that third category.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You have the known knowns; you have the known unknowns; and you have the unknown unknowns.  So apparently we're in that third category.

Count me IN:whistle:

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I think this question will draw the ire of the mods because the answers can only involve speculation.  

The Godfather and his war-time consigliere won't take kindly, IMO, if you're being anything other than sarcastic.

JMHO

I think this is more so discussed privately unfortunately....bringing out into open (folks will demand proof which will almost be impossible to provide) is another matter...I've personally heard of at least a half dozen stories over the years told to me privately...It was never at the level of criminal as far as I could see..bad judgment for sure...

• Like 2

I’m hoping for a best case scenario answer to that question but fear a worst case scenario 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

$0.02 to Donald Rumsfeld.

But he was correct...

I'm impressed you knew whose quote that was. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I'm impressed you knew whose quote that was. 

I was stationed at Pentagon when he said it.  He had a really good point.

Back to the subject at hand - we are what ?  - three weeks into this mess.  There is stuff that will happen that we cannot predict at this time.  What will the DCI audit of the YEA finances show?  And at some point, GH is going to pop up somewhere

(my vote is Allentown Jail - seems to me that there are more  accusations within the statute of limitations than those Cosby was convicted on.  I think police / prosecutor are keeping mum for now, but that there are moving parts we don't see) - what will happen then?

I have said before-  this is a Sep 11 event for Drum Corps.  But it will take time to play out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

He had a really good point.

He did. But I don't think he really believed it, or things wouldn't have worked out as badly as they did.