The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, baristeve said:

I get to troll every five years or so. I just love the activity and I’m upset at the stain this leaves on the activity and hate that this happened to the kids.

Not sure how long you have been around BUT the activity will continue, thrive, learn from mistakes, improve etc etc. The activity has survived MANY issues over the years. The difference with this issue is that EVERYONE becomes affected by it which is a good thing in one respect that the activity as a whole will have no choice but to address it, and not just push it under the rug anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Not sure how long you have been around BUT the activity will continue, thrive, learn from mistakes, improve etc etc. The activity has survived MANY issues over the years. The difference with this issue is that EVERYONE becomes affected by it which is a good thing in one respect that the activity as a whole will have no choice but to address it, and not just push it under the rug anymore.

So you’re saying it’s good that rape is no longer being ignored? Good talk.

A sincere thank you to the many DCP posters these past few weeks for demonstrating remarkable class and thoughtful discussion on this heartbreaking topic.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, baristeve said:

The board. The dates, nature, and number of assaults exhibit a culture of rape within the admistration that was active at the time. 

And you have proof that the board knew all about this as it occurred. Was on a church council and had sexual harassment going on that we knew nothing about until months later. Only found out when one of the youth group helpers was told one guy would not be at the next retreat. When he said “oh the girls will be less tense” everything just stopped. Turns out he was Mr Grabby which ended real quick but should have been sooner

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And you have proof that the board knew all about this as it occurred. Was on a church council and had sexual harassment going on that we knew nothing about until months later. Only found out when one of the youth group helpers was told one guy would not be at the next retreat. When he said “oh the girls will be less tense” everything just stopped. Turns out he was Mr Grabby which ended real quick but should have been sooner

Well, sounds like your church council should have been more attentive. I dunno what to tell you.

1 minute ago, baristeve said:

Well, sounds like your church council should have been more attentive. I dunno what to tell you.

Welcome to the real world where human beings do not know everything that goes on with an organization of a couple hundred of people. Try it sometime, iow the cliche of walking in someone else’s shoes 

• Thanks 1