The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Welcome to the real world where human beings do not know everything that goes on with an organization of a couple hundred of people. Try it sometime, iow the cliche of walking in someone else’s shoes 

Welcome to the real world where admistrations get blamed for actions by members of admistration.

5 minutes ago, baristeve said:

Welcome to the real world where admistrations get blamed for actions by members of admistration.

Which is different from saying the board knew about rape which you appear to claim earlier. I see the BoD  blamed for letting GH running everything without control. Only one saying they knew about rape is you

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Then the court system should churn it out. And do think the entire board knew of the alleged assaults or just a few? Have my thoughts but will wait for the courts (just like dealing with PSU)

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah I can see why my screw up made sense. Get a smart phone (finally) and it makes you look dumb when you use it lol 

I just saw a meme...”Remember when phones were stupid and people were smart?  Good times...”

:laughing:

14 minutes ago, baristeve said:

At the end of the day we all want the same thing. Kids to be safe in an activity we love. I’ve been known to be abrasive. Sorry for any I’ve offended it’s just a story that particularly infuriates me.

It infuriates a lot of us because we care about the members...all of them, in every corps.  We all want the same thing...a safe, healthy, and enjoyable activity for them.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just saw a meme...”Remember when phones were stupid and people were smart?  Good times...”

Used to say I had a dumb ### phone. Now the phone is smart and.... 

agree on keeping the members safe. Just have to make sure the right people are held accountable else we will trust no one and no one will want to get involved. Got to have good procedures in place, make sure everyone including marchers knows them and hold everyone accountable to follow them. 

My churches failing was the person who was contact with the youth group knew about the hugging but never saw possible bad in anything (long story). Than and no procedures in how the youth could report things. Man that was a tough year getting people to change their mindset on things like this. Few years later Catholic Church mess came out and lot of groups woke up. And still waiting for a subpoena from Huggy Sam for slander when he was told no more touching the teenagers (20+ years and counting)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Not sure how long you have been around BUT the activity will continue, thrive, learn from mistakes, improve etc etc. The activity has survived MANY issues over the years. The difference with this issue is that EVERYONE becomes affected by it which is a good thing in one respect that the activity as a whole will have no choice but to address it, and not just push it under the rug anymore.

Yes.

Slay the dragons.  All of them.  Wherever they are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I sort of renemember those days .... but it was the 70s and really, how much do we remember from back then?

Sent from my Western Electric 2554

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2