The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The “mob” certainly empowers victims, certainly the case in terms of Hopkins

its a wonderful thing in this case

The Hopkins situation is just disgusting and I’m so delighted Cadets are rid of him 

And, the "mob" also certainly empowers the perpetrators. And allows their behaviors to go on for far too long. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I never liked mobs ... they get together and flash dance and stuff ... no flag spins ... no rifle tosses 

Even Rice? I can’t remember...

Just now, year1buick said:

Even Rice? I can’t remember...

Me either

23 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Here we go again. He hid a camera in a space where kids were known to change. Is there any dispute of this statement?  That, alone, is enough for me. Tell me how I misrepresent the situation in this one sentence of mine in this post. 

I’m not defending that in anyway nor am I going to be drawn into that discussion 

what concerns me here is individuals who clearly have zero first person or even limited second hand knowledge of that particular situation “shouting down” or “bullying” highly respected members of this board 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

And, the "mob" also certainly empowers the perpetrators. And allows their behaviors to go on for far too long. 

It doesn’t take a mob for that, unfortunately 

26 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But you can still go broke defending yourself against a frivolous lawsuit. Depends how long the other person wants to drag it out.

He can go broke pursuing it, too.  Cant imagine too many people are lining up to contribute to his legal expenses.

• Like 1

Just now, skevinp said:

He can go broke pursuing it, too.  Cant imagine too many people are lining up to contribute to his legal expenses.

Exactly. No lawyer will take it and he doesn’t have the resources to self fund it 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Exactly. No lawyer will take it and he doesn’t have the resources to self fund it 

Too much baggage.  You have to be pristine to file a defamation suit.  

28 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Yeah forgot deep pockets go a long way in dragging out a lawsuit. For GH besides defamation, slander and libel there is that he said/they said over was he fired or quit and what post work benefits is he entitled to.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah forgot deep pockets go a long way in dragging out a lawsuit. For GH besides defamation, slander and libel there is that he said/they said over was he fired or quit and what post work benefits is he entitled to.

I’ve always wondered if that resignation to the old BOD actually happened.  If I’ve missed a detail, someone fill me in.