The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I just saw a call online to get alumni to sign up for the database as they only had 300 names.

wow.

Yup.

So much money, and talent and business expertise had been driven away and was waiting on the sidelines to come home, once the ogre had left the castle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I just saw a call online to get alumni to sign up for the database as they only had 300 names.

wow.

Only 300 !  wow, indeed.

and this point in itself never caused people to ask why, and then make changes?

I suppose if you have no ability to gain control, you must sit on the sidelines and wait.   Years of frustration.

Any parties scheduled over the next 5 days?  I can't imagine the relief.

• Like 1

I have been treated for diabetic retinopathy disease for four years .

Monday was injection day ( treatment involves getting needles in my eyes).

while i was in the chair, waiting on the surgeon to give me the injections, a member of the YEA board ( who I never met or heard of ) sent me several messages chewing me out for calling on the boards resignation.

He continued this even after I explained to him where I was and what I was about to go through.

Classy

Treatnent went well .

Four years of new breakthrough treatments have restored my vision!

Let the healing process for The Cadets begin!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

The process by which a Corps can be suspended by DCI HQ from competition is a bit unclear to me ( and I would assume to most here as well ). DCI has suspended Corps from competition within hours of being told of a Corps in non compliance with their rules.. and with no votes taken on the part of the other Corps in membership . DCI has stopped Corps on tours in the middle of the season, and sent the Corps home and itsmarchers home. No votes were taken by other Corps for this suspension from further competition. So its unclear at the moment when votes are needed, or not needed, in order for DCI HQ to intercede and suspend a Corps from further participation in DCI shows. I suppiose it depends on the set of circumstances and what their by laws state. DCI sent out a notice to the Bridgemen BITD  that they would be diaallowed from further participation at DCI Championships. No vote on the part of other Corps was taken. The Bridgemen immediately went into Court, and got a restraining order imposed on DCI HQ, that disallowed that... and the Bridgemen went out and performed . DCI decided it was in their authority then to not judge the Bridgemen in competition, ( The judges are DCI judges afterall ), and within their authority to disqualify the Bridgemen from a scored competition. Again, no votes by other Corps were needed for DCI HQ to dismiss a Corps from further competition in DCI. DCI in fact has dismissed from further competition a number of Corps over the years, sometimes right in the middle of the season, and without votes taken, and without a hearing. DCI has even set aside its rules in some unusual cases.  DCI  HQ ALLOWED a Corps to further participate in competition, despite it being non compliance for 99% of the season with its use of apparently unknown to staff overage marchers. The rule set aside was accomplished solely by the DCI Executive Director at the time, and no votes were taken by the DCI Corps to allow him to do a rule set aside either. That Corps then went out and won DCI the next nite, and  after he unilaterally did the rule set aside. So in summary, what DCI HQ can do without requiring the votes of other Corps clearly appears to be pretty extensive, and depends upon a number of factors it would appear.

So...hard...to...resist...the...temptation...

Hey, I'm Hop!

(too early?)

54 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Not, apparently, if people think like you do and keep bring up suspension from DCI of the corps itself.

Are you as mad with the Executive Director of DCI as you appear to be with me today ? ( for whatever reason ). The Indy Star reported YESTERDAY  that Dan Acheson at DCI HQ said that any corps that is in non compliance with reporting rules to DCI can be subject to ( Exec. Director;s words ) " that group's dismissal ".  It appears that TODAY, that the message was received loud and clear that the Cadets needed to essentially clean house. DCI HQ has apparently been in constant contact with the Cadets since this bombshell was dropped, has monitored their situation closely, and today we lean the YEA BOD has been ousted, and a new YEA BOD installed, and as such , any further discussion of a Cadets suspension or  dismissal is now mute... oh and one final thing. If you are at all interested, a quick scroll back to my comments here on DCP the last 48 hours will confirm for you that I said that its ( my words ) " unlikely that the Cadets will be suspended, for a host of reasons"... and furthermore .. that I did not believe that ( again , my words ) that" any suspension of the Cadets seems warranted here at the moment ". So perhaps you might have me confused with somebody else here on DCP, because nowhere will you find me here on DCP suggesting that the Cadets should/ nor will be " suspended " from DCI. My comments regarding " suspensions " of Corps was wholly related to the question posed a few days ago on what authority does DCI have with Corps. The prevailing sentiment in some quarters on DCP here was " not much ". I responded to THAT , by stating that DCI has ( my words ) " much more authority " than what is being suggested by some here on DCP. I thus brought up the examples of  penalties, including suspension, that DCI HQ. has imposed before when it sees fit. My comments were then bolstered with this, when the very Executive Director of DCI himself told the Indy reporter that failure to follow DCI rules can lead to that Corps " dismissal".  No mention was made to the reporter on whether Dan A. needed other Corps votes on that before doing so. My comments above then TODAY ( above ) pointed out that DCI HQ has dismissed Corps from competition before with no votes taken, and on other occasions the Executive Director of DCI ( before Dan Acheson ) has even done a rules set aside in an unusual circumstances to allow a Corps to compete, and needed no votes from any other Corps either, to implement his directive.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

The process by which a Corps can be suspended by DCI HQ from competition is a bit unclear to me ( and I would assume to most here as well ). DCI has suspended Corps from competition within hours of being told of a Corps in non compliance with their rules.. and with no votes taken on the part of the other Corps in membership . DCI has stopped Corps on tours in the middle of the season, and sent the Corps home and itsmarchers home. No votes were taken by other Corps for this suspension from further competition. So its unclear at the moment when votes are needed, or not needed, in order for DCI HQ to intercede and suspend a Corps from further participation in DCI shows. I suppiose it depends on the set of circumstances and what their by laws state. DCI sent out a notice to the Bridgemen BITD  that they would be diaallowed from further participation at DCI Championships. No vote on the part of other Corps was taken. The Bridgemen immediately went into Court, and got a restraining order imposed on DCI HQ, that disallowed that... and the Bridgemen went out and performed . DCI decided it was in their authority then to not judge the Bridgemen in competition, ( The judges are DCI judges afterall ), and within their authority to disqualify the Bridgemen from a scored competition. Again, no votes by other Corps were needed for DCI HQ to dismiss a Corps from further competition in DCI. DCI in fact has dismissed from further competition a number of Corps over the years, sometimes right in the middle of the season, and without votes taken, and without a hearing. DCI has even set aside its rules in some unusual cases.  DCI  HQ ALLOWED a Corps to further participate in competition, despite it being non compliance for 99% of the season with its use of apparently unknown to staff overage marchers. The rule set aside was accomplished solely by the DCI Executive Director at the time, and no votes were taken by the DCI Corps to allow him to do a rule set aside either. That Corps then went out and won DCI the next nite, and  after he unilaterally did the rule set aside. So in summary, what DCI HQ can do without requiring the votes of other Corps clearly appears to be pretty extensive, and depends upon a number of factors it would appear.

All that you refer to in this post are age rule violations.  True, DCI staff are empowered to enforce contest rules.  But there is nothing in the rulebook about sexually abusive corps directors.

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

and today we lean the YEA BOD has been ousted, and a new YEA BOD installed, and as such , any further discussion of a Cadets suspension or  dismissal is now mute... 

The word is "moot".

"Mute" is what this discussion needs to become.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Oh gee...thanks for the nightmare fuel!

I'll name tonight's lack of sleep in your honor.

Worse than the steroid shots I got thru my eardrum to relieve swelling in my ear canal. Still have problems so good wishes for Tom.

23 minutes ago, bishtom said:

I have been treated for diabetic retinopathy disease for four years .

Monday was injection day ( treatment involves getting needles in my eyes).

while i was in the chair, waiting on the surgeon to give me the injections, a member of the YEA board ( who I never met or heard of ) sent me several messages chewing me out for calling on the boards resignation.

He continued this even after I explained to him where I was and what I was about to go through.

Classy

Treatnent went well .

Four years of new breakthrough treatments have restored my vision!

Let the healing process for The Cadets begin!

as they say,   bye Felicia.