The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

The word is "moot".

"Mute" is what this discussion needs to become.

Yeah, I don't envision DCP stopping talking about this.  Let's face it this could be the beginning of an existential crisis for DCI. Cadets are going to suffer badly from this.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

The word is "moot".

Anyone with a lick of balance and perspective knew it wasn't gonna go that way. Looking at the latest article and who is on the BOD so far--, it seems to me DCI very much wants the Cadets to be strong, viable, and for the ship to be righted in the right way.

For years, some people have wondered how much better the Cadets would be without GH's negatives causing a lot of negative drag. I think we're gonna find out now. And I think it'll be exciting to see in many different dimensions.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

Yup.

So much money, and talent and business expertise had been driven away and was waiting on the sidelines to come home, once the ogre had left the castle.

and I have no doubt it ill come pouring in.

I am telling you right now, if they kick ### on the field this year, hands down they will get the loudest cheers I can remember since SCV and VK in 92

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bishtom said:

I have been treated for diabetic retinopathy disease for four years .

Monday was injection day ( treatment involves getting needles in my eyes).

while i was in the chair, waiting on the surgeon to give me the injections, a member of the YEA board ( who I never met or heard of ) sent me several messages chewing me out for calling on the boards resignation.

He continued this even after I explained to him where I was and what I was about to go through.

Classy

Treatnent went well .

Four years of new breakthrough treatments have restored my vision!

Let the healing process for The Cadets begin!

You got your sight back, and even got the last laugh. Gooodonya, and God Bless! :worthy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

I was alarmed to find out that they only have 300 alumni in their database.

Not surprised at all. A few years back they were looking for someone I went to college with for their alumni list and respected greatly as a really kind, humble and talented guy, at that time I knew he was teaching in the VA Beach area and extremely well regarded...I did what I could to get them in the right direction.

They lost track of Bill... I guess now better known as Dr. William Pease for Lord's sake. Do your homework by doing a paste and search for "Dr. William Pease, band Director" and  you''ll see how crazy that is to have lost track of him....:blink:

Edited by BigW

12 minutes ago, Scerpella said:

Yeah, I don't envision DCP stopping talking about this.  

Just to be clear, my reference to muting the "discussion" was intended to refer merely to the discussion of banning competition by the Cadets, not the overarching discussion about corps putting in adequate safeguards for members/staff/employees, or exploring ways to redress prior wrongs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

The word is "moot".

And now we're mooting vocabulary.

642px-Darrell_Sweet_-_Entmoot.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigW said:

Not surprised at all. A few years back they were looking for someone I went to college with for their alumni list and respected greatly as a really kind, humble and talented guy, at that time I knew he was teaching in the VA Beach area and extremely well regarded...I did what I could to get them in the right direction.

They lost track of Bill... I guess now better known as Dr. William Pease for Lord's sake. Do your homework by doing a paste and search for "Dr. William Pease, band Director" and  you''ll see how crazy that is to have lost track of him....:blink:

He marched in '83. And now is the Director of Bands at UVA.

L O L.

1 minute ago, Brass34 said:

He marched in '83. And now is the Director of Bands at UVA.

L O L.

Yeah, and mentioned in Wiki. Taught at Kempsville HS for several years before that. How do you lose track of him? My Dad has a special term for that kind of thing I can't repeat here. :innocent:

36 minutes ago, Scerpella said:

Yeah, I don't envision DCP stopping talking about this.  Let's face it this could be the beginning of an existential crisis for DCI. Cadets are going to suffer badly from this.

I disagree.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1