The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

All that you refer to in this post are age rule violations.  True, DCI staff are empowered to enforce contest rules.  But there is nothing in the rulebook about sexually abusive corps directors.

don't egg him on.

I know this is getting into "predicting the future" mode here...

But with the recent swift, decisive actions by YEA... new board, etc... and with perhaps more steps to come, I seriously doubt Cadets will be pulled from the field. Honestly, I'd be stunned if that happened, barring some totally unforeseen beyond-the-pale developments.

Heck... Penn State football didn't sit out a season in the wake of the Sandusky scandal... Rutgers football went on after several players were busted for robberies connected to drug dealing. (Although, as a lifelong RU fan,  I wonder if a sit-out season might have been better than their 2-10 disaster two years ago. :tongue: )

Yes, both teams paid penalties, as they should have.  Maybe that's the route for the Cadets/YEA, I don't know... and I have no idea what sort of penalties would, or could, be imposed. Maybe require the Cadets to go on first at every show. :ninja: I kid here.

But to sit Cadets and maybe C2 down?  No.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did you see what I posted on Facebook about the Craig’s list experience when we sold our kitchen appliances during the remodel?  Lol some real characters showed up at my house. 

Didn't see it, but I can only imagine. That site is like the Wild West.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Didn't see it, but I can only imagine. That site is like the Wild West.

Kinda like the more modern online version of "Tradio". I got a good Tradio story from when I worked in commercial radio..., ask if you're up for a good laugh. :innocent:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

Kinda like the more modern online version of "Tradio". I got a good Tradio story from when I worked in commercial radio..., ask if you're up for a good laugh. :innocent:

Send a PM... I'd love to hear it!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yeah unfortunately the other thug found a home elsewhere in our activity. 

Who is that, and where?

1 hour ago, Scerpella said:

Yeah, I don't envision DCP stopping talking about this.  Let's face it this could be the beginning of an existential crisis for DCI. Cadets are going to suffer badly from this.

I don't share this pessimistic view( found all over the various other social media ) that  The Cadets will " suffer badly from this " long term with this at all. I guess time will tell. But the Cadets have lots of capable, efficient, honorable people that should be able to step up to the plate now, and right this ship. I envision the Cadets marchers receiving a more than welcoming reception from fans wherever they go on tour this summer... and why not ? The 2018 cadets marchers had nothing to do with this. YEA will have some serious repair work to do with the YEA groups, ie Bands, but in time, there should be no handwringing that the new YEA Board can not repair the damage of the YEA. brand/ reputation. The people responsible for that damage have been replaced. The pessimism and the doom and gloom we see on the social media  re. the Cadets is certainly an assessment we see out and about, including here on DCP from a few posters. But with the ouster of the CEO, and the replacement of the YEA Board with a completely new board, I don't see why there is pessimism afloat . I don't share the view that " The Cadets are going to suffer badly from this ", and similar such pessimistic assessments we are hearing throughout the Social Media.  But as said, only time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I don't share this pessimistic view( found all over the various other social media ) that  The Cadets will " suffer badly from this " long term with this at all. I guess time will tell. But the Cadets have lots of capable, efficient, honorable people that should be able to step up to the plate now, and right this ship. I envision the Cadets marchers receiving a more than welcoming reception from fans wherever they go on tour this summer... and why not ? The 2018 cadets marchers had nothing to do with this. YEA will have some serious repair work to do with the YEA groups, ie Bands, but in time, there should be no handwringing that the new YEA Board can not repair the damage of the YEA. brand/ reputation. The people responsible for that damage have been replaced. The pessimism and the doom and gloom we see on the social media  re. the Cadets is certainly an assessment we see out and about, including here on DCP from a few posters. But with the ouster of the CEO, and the replacement of the YEA Board with a completely new board, I don't see why there is pessimism afloat that " The Cadets are going to suffer badly from this ", and similar such pessimistic assessments we are hearing throughout the Social Media. I don't share that future pessimistic assessment on the Cadets ( nor on the future viability of the activity, nor DCI ) at all.

They’ll be even more determined.  My glass is beyond half full for these kids.  

• Like 7