The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

41 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, while there are likely to be further revelations and some more fallout, this move seems likely to be seen by history as the turning of a corner.

(I have no idea how they'll do competitively this year. Cadets fans should certainly steel themselves for the possibility of a rough season. Simply due to the fact that major organization changes often have unforeseen logistical implications.)

Agreed. I would add with the last few seasons of horrific late season “design choices” behind us MAYBE Cadets will grow finals week this summer vs collapsing. JMO

The Guard caption head spot is key. I’ve heard good rumors, but waiting for confirmation

Mostly that won’t even matter, the problem  we are aware of is gone and those most responsible for allowing it are gone 

Huge positive steps 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, while there are likely to be further revelations and some more fallout, this move seems likely to be seen by history as the turning of a corner.

(I have no idea how they'll do competitively this year. Cadets fans should certainly steel themselves for the possibility of a rough season. Simply due to the fact that major organization changes often have unforeseen logistical implications.)

The changes in the org may have an effect on the program.  But,  I think it would be very little,  and very possibly no effect at all,  given the biggest roadblock to the design team's success in the recent past is now out.  Maybe composing and developing a show with out the seemingly chaotic constant changes will allow the show to grow over the season.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BigW said:

Kinda like the more modern online version of "Tradio". I got a good Tradio story from when I worked in commercial radio..., ask if you're up for a good laugh. :innocent:

I love when the Stern show pranks Tradio

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scerpella said:

Yeah, I don't envision DCP stopping talking about this.  Let's face it this could be the beginning of an existential crisis for DCI. Cadets are going to suffer badly from this.

I used to think that.  And particularly after that first announcement from the Cadets "Group Of People Who Called Themselves The Board".

But, in the last 48 hours, I've become quite enthused at the quick reaction by the other corps leaders in directing (approving?  Credit where due.) a solution and sticking with the new Cadets leaders while they implemented it.  As we find out more, it will be interesting to see how the Cadets organization changes in both business practice and confidence in the field performance.

And you know what's REALLY cool about this activity?  I'll bet every single other corps member, staff, executive, and fan is cheering Cadets and DCI on with cheers of "BRING IT ON!".

The winds of change are quite, quite exciting indeed  ---  for fans!

Creative destruction is hardest for those of us who pay attention all the time.

Edited by garfield
stinkin' apostrophe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

I used to think that.  And particularly after that first announcement from the Cadets "Group Of People Who Called Themselves The Board".

But, in the last 48 hours, I've become quite enthused at the quick reaction by the other corps leaders in directing (approving?  Credit where due.) a solution and sticking with the new Cadets leaders while they implemented it.  As we find out more, it will be interesting to see how the Cadets organization changes in both business practice and confidence in the field performance.

And you know what's REALLY cool about this activity?  I'll bet every single other corps member, staff, executive, and fan is cheering Cadets and DCI on with cheers of "BRING IT ON!".

The winds of change are quite, quite exciting indeed  ---  for fans!

Creative destruction is hardest for those of us who pay attention all the time.

serious question I saw posted elsewhere:

"well, hell he's gone. Who do we hate now?"

ahhh drum corps fans

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, garfield said:

I'm thinking about that electricity when Crown came on the field.

Or the applause as Academy came in.  Bzzzz.

What fun.

Through tragedy comes light. I hate to say, this could be the very push they needed. Not scandal but support for the corps, not a person.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed. I would add with the last few seasons of horrific late season “design choices” behind us MAYBE Cadets will grow finals week this summer vs collapsing. JMO

The Guard caption head spot is key. I’ve heard good rumors, but waiting for confirmation

Mostly that won’t even matter, the problem  we are aware of is gone and those most responsible for allowing it are gone 

Huge positive steps 

I can tell you for sure that I'm taking some days off to go sit in the stands at ONU in Ada for spring training.

Edited by garfield
at - in? WTH is the difference?
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The changes in the org may have an effect on the program.  But,  I think it would be very little,  and very possibly no effect at all,  given the biggest roadblock to the design team's success in the recent past is now out.  Maybe composing and developing a show with out the seemingly chaotic constant changes will allow the show to grow over the season.

The changes will definitely improve them on the field this summer!  The constant design panic and rewrites had been killing their chances of being clean.  Can't wait to see the greatness their unshackled designers and staff will help the MMs deliver this summer!  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ediker said:

The changes will definitely improve them on the field this summer!  The constant design panic and rewrites had been killing their chances of being clean.  Can't wait to see the greatness their unshackled designers and staff will help the MMs deliver this summer!  

welllllll. freedom is one thing unshackled staff can also be disastrous. There still needs to be a bad guy to reign things in.

You are right though about design panic and rewrites. But one has to also make the changes early on rather than spend a summer trying to prove a point that never gets made. A fine line for sure.

• Like 2