The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Ugh irony alert as just checked what annual training I need to take by 6/30 for DoD. Two of them are

POSH - prevention of sexual harassment 

Prevention of Sexual Assault

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I do agree with you however that the DCA statement is not good.  He was officially there director for the last couple of years, even though it was really being directed by someone else, it still does concern a high profile person in a very recent past champion.  Maybe its a mixture that all of the alleged incidents happened with Cadets and not C2, and all of them (that have been reported) occurred before the creation of C2, but probably could have had a little more bite to the statement, but then again, DCA does not have full-time staff as far as I know unlike DCI.

Its true... DCA is manned by part timers, as we know. They'll have more on their plate now too. Some of these DCA Corps already have some good reporting policies in place, channels open for reporting within their Corps, and so forth. But many don't yet. But it seems they will need to shore up their policies and procedures to address these issues that principally revolve around providing  as much optimum safeguards to everyone there in their Corps as possible, and that when someone causes harm, how to handle it and report them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I do agree with you however that the DCA statement is not good.  He was officially (there) their director for the last couple of years, even though it was really being directed by someone else, it still does concern a high profile person in a very recent past champion.  Maybe its a mixture that all of the alleged incidents happened with Cadets and not C2, and all of them (that have been reported) occurred before the creation of C2, but probably could have had a little more bite to the statement, but then again, DCA does not have full-time staff as far as I know unlike DCI.

Fixed that for you.  Please.

21 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

To be fair, the grounds crew WAS supposed to reline the field before they came out....given the drill that year, the references were important for the kids.

And before that night at the Rose Bowl, the last time I  heckled someone at a drum corps show was finals in Madison the year that the Cadets did some sort of 9/11 tribute and George (or one of his underlings) had the firefighters at the fire station across the street from Camp Randall raise the firehouse doors and crank up the sirens on the trucks just as the Cadets finished their show. That was so friggin' cheesy, IMO.

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 1

Just now, PamahoNow said:

Fixed that for you.  Please.

Whoops, my final graduate paper that is due Monday is sucking all the grammar out of me.  

Just now, Forevergreen said:

Hmmmmm.....I was thinking about who maybe had the strength, know how and experience to keep YEA going... my thoughts: 

Jeff Fiedler

Uhhh...you do know why he isn't at SCV anymore?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kyle B said:

Whoops, my final graduate paper that is due Monday is sucking all the grammar out of me.  

Sorry, but it is like fingernails on a chalk board (do they even have these anymore?).  .... old fat dude who spent far too long in school.

17 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Were you the guy that yelled "Tacky Tacky Ta" at the 2000 finals when Phantom pulled out the herald trumpets? (I've always been on the search for that guy. Heh.)

Nope, not me. And I never hired a small plane to fly over the stadium towing a banner wishing someone a happy birthday, either. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1