The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

8 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Hmmmmm.....I was thinking about who maybe had the strength, know how and experience to keep YEA going... my thoughts: 

Jeff Fiedler

What I do not understand is the current google search term  "Jeff Fiedler."  For several days now, the search has connected to the YEA! site.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Hmmmmm.....I was thinking about who maybe had the strength, know how and experience to keep YEA going... my thoughts: 

Jeff Fiedler

I see what you did there... oh boy.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

It does. Bizarre!

What's up with this? It's like a partial bio, but definitely part of the YEA site:

https://yea.org/supportgrid/566-jeff-fiedler-bio

I wonder if it was linked to the DCI BOD?  That or Hal has taken control of google. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

I think they will initially increase, but when it becomes apparent that the money is going to pay for Hopkins-related lawsuits, I think they will stop. Yes, that involves speculation that there will be lawsuits, but I don't see how there won't be lawsuits.

They’ll have to specify what people want to donate for plus they should have insurance 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Meanwhile, on the DCA front ( Cadets2 a member )  the silence is deafening all throughout this. Whats up with THAT ? They have adults  that are aged 45-50, marching beside teenagers. 

Many DCA corps have made statements 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, totaleefree said:

This is still all based on accusations. For basic background checks to be a teacher or work with kids it only shows if you have been charged with a crime or maybe had a bankruptcy. I think that he has to be charged with something, until then there is nothing  legaly preventing him from working with a youth organization. I don't want a legal battle with huge costs killing the corps.  But as long as he has not been charged it could be difficult to ban him from that activity.

How’s Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spaceys careers going?

Edited by Jeff Ream

38 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its true... DCA is manned by part timers, as we know. They'll have more on their plate now too. Some of these DCA Corps already have some good reporting policies in place, channels open for reporting within their Corps, and so forth. But many don't yet. But it seems they will need to shore up their policies and procedures to address these issues that principally revolve around providing  as much optimum safeguards to everyone there in their Corps as possible, and that when someone causes harm, how to handle it and report them.

From digging it seems DCA was ahead of the curve and has had stuff in place