The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

From digging it seems DCA was ahead of the curve and has had stuff in place 

oh ok.. thats good to know.

How long before GH is awarded a lifetime ban from attending any DCI or DCA sanctioned show including corps rehearsals? 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

This is an impressive DCI Administration response to a major crisis in its long history. Most impressive is how quickly Dan Acheson and other leaders reacted. Every group participating in DCI sanctioned events will benefit from DCI's appropriate reactions to such a difficult situation.

Well done!

A bit analogous to the USA Gymnastics situation.   They took it much further by paying victims off and getting them to sing non-disclosure forms, but I guarantee USAG wishes they would have done exactly what DCI is doing right now YEARS ago. 

So yeah, a good decision on DCI's part. 

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

How long before GH is awarded a lifetime ban from attending any DCI or DCA scantioned show including corps rehearsals? 

Seems like a no-brainer to me, though merely for self-preservation, I doubt Hopkins would go near a performance or rehearsal venue again. 

47 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

From digging it seems DCA was ahead of the curve and has had stuff in place 

I don’t know about that unless it came after 2013. 

1 minute ago, Lance said:

Seems like a no-brainer to me, though merely for self-preservation, I doubt Hopkins would go near a performance or rehearsal venue again. 

He’s in a few hall of fames and that status comes with perks. Not to mention he loves the attention. Most narcissistic people do. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Not everything hit's the public  chat pages of the internet. If it did your head would spin. As shocking as this is there has always been plenty over the decades. We as an activity are not immune to anything you see in society. Many think we are immune to all this stuff, including politics,  and think it doesn't have anything to do with us. Nothing is further  than the truth,

It’s a serious accusation.  I am sure  the GH stuff is not isolated, but without anyone leveling an accusation it is hearsay.