The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

A few posters do. IMO 

if you don’t submit to their take on something they belittle and rehash over and over, badgering and bullying until one submits. 

Like those who continue to point out that there must be something wrong with you if you don’t agree with them. Of course it always starts with IMO and ends with your opinion is wrong. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

9 minutes ago, One n Done said:

So, you think this is FUN?  Some may not feel that way too much longer.

Do you really think he would want to go through the public discovery process of a civil trial? (I ask because you and SLA1977 appear to be on good terms.) I doubt the prior conviction is listed on his CV or comes up in faculty cocktail parties very often. I also have a really hard time believing that everyone he’s worked with in the past (or even currently) knows about it as well. However, that would probably change if what you’re implying came to fruition. Maybe he would welcome it, I don’t know. But, based on prior comments made here on DCP (now deleted, but living on via Reddit) and in interviews, it appears he does not.

16 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Let’s agree to disagree Tommeeeeeeee

That's fine, too.  To me, I have a hard time believing that any of the folks I've seen here would APPROVE of someone being a predator.  Maybe I'm not realistic, and those people do exist here.  I just haven't seen it.  

Like George Dixon said, I'm glad GH gone.  Glad all the others are gone, too.  If there are more, I hope they are ousted, wherever they are.  And I hope the victims get peace and justice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The Calif Dept of Teacher Registration and Licensing certainly disagrees with anyone out there that still harbors any thoughts that this guy did not violate a sacred trust around youth. We have their very actions themselves on whether or not this guy violated that trust in their judgment and is deemed fit to return to the public schools in the progressive state of California. Maybe they should have consulted garfield and  a handful of others here on DCP first Jim before they revoked this guy's license. The State of California could have talked to George Hopkins too re. this guys fitness to work in a youth activity like DCI Drum Corps. Hopkins did vouch for the guy, then put out a press release defending the full and  apparently vigorous background check George Hopkins did on the guy. Hop said the guy last year checked off all of Hop's boxes he had for the guy by passing legal muster.   So at least the defenders of this hire by George have that going for them too in defense of GH's hiring/ retention of this guy in DCI Drum Corps.

My first thought is that you are despicable.

My second thought is that you can't help yourself and I feel sorry for you.

You don't seem to have the ability to think logically and critically about emotional subjects without getting personal, and it's a darn good thing the CA courts didn't consult you!

Edited by garfield

9 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Do you really think he would want to go through the public discovery process of a civil trial? (I ask because you and SLA1977 appear to be on good terms.) I doubt the prior conviction is listed on his CV or comes up in faculty cocktail parties very often. I also have a really hard time believing that everyone he’s worked with in the past (or even currently) knows about it as well. However, that would probably change if what you’re implying came to fruition. Maybe he would welcome it, I don’t know. But, based on prior comments made here on DCP (now deleted, but living on via Reddit) and in interviews, it appears he does not.

These type of people never show remorse for their actions. They’re mad and angry because they got caught. Any responsible supposedly educated person would have brought to the attention of their superiors that drum heads were missing and/or instruments were being damaged. Instead a camera is covertly used in an area where children change clothes. Am I the only one who finds that conduct unbecoming? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

I can’t assist you with your confusion or whatever you haven’t been able to comprehend. You’re on your own. However if we ever see each other at a show let’s pretend we don’t know each other. 

Jim..you have great points and add so much to conversations, sorry but this comment ( I know its just passion and frustration ) sounds like another poster who PURPOSELY says things like this and creates situations that only end up in many pages of nothing more than back and forth with someone telling them to get a room. Sometimes ending up in someone leaving or another in time out.

You are way better than that

17 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

These type of people never show remorse for their actions. They’re mad and angry because they got caught. Any responsible supposedly educated person would have brought to the attention of their superiors that drum heads were missing and/or instruments were being damaged. Instead a camera is covertly used in an area where children change clothes. Am I the only one who finds that conduct unbecoming? 

No, you're not.  Obviously, the CA courts agreed with you.

And I do, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Jim..you have great points and add so much to conversations, sorry but this comment ( I know its just passion and frustration ) sounds like another poster who PURPOSELY says things like this and creates situations that only end up in many pages of nothing more than back and forth with someone telling them to get a room. Sometimes ending up in someone leaving or another in time out.

You are way better than that

I do understand that there will be those who believe these people didn’t do anything thing wrong and defend it with narrative directed to demean an opposing viewpoint. Unlike some here, I’m not insisting that anyone agree with my assessment or judgment on the matter, but unless I missed the DCP memo or meeting, I’m entitled to my opinion. 

Just now, One n Done said:

No, not a threat.  An observation.  Potentially damaging things are being written about persons here, and in some instances, repeatedly and carelessly.  This kind of behavior has been proven to have consequences.

Absolute truth is a defense. 

• Like 1