The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It’s a little interesting to sit back and watch the mob response to some of these important topics. As illustrated in the 2017 Boston Crusaders program, trial by mob is never a “best practice”

I am also drawn to Kanye’s recent comments about mob think and the left silencing/shutting down opposing viewpoints. 

A lot of both suddenly going on in this thread imo 

Kanye isn't a good analogy. He makes factually inaccurate statements and then complains that he is being "attacked" when called out on it

As far as Atchison, I don't think it matters whether his record is technically clean. Perception and optics are important, especially in a world where information travels quickly. It wasn't smart to hire him, simple as that

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was threatened by a drum corps six years ago for informing DCI and DCA that there was a lifetime registered sex offender marching and teaching in their corps.  I don’t take kindly to threats.  I went to my attorney, he said that defamation suits are extremely hard to prove and schooled me in the absolute truth defense.  It was very enlightening. 

Still waiting for my defamation subpoena too. Guy was over huggy with teenage females at the church youth group where he volunteered. He got told to stop it and he went ballistic.  My biggest problem was his mom knew my mom. So got THE phone call from mom wanting to know what was going on. Told her I couldn't say anything and that's when I heard about potential lawsuit. My response was good.. if he does sue then I can tell you.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

From Trisha Nadolny (@TriciaNadolny):

Yesterday I asked to interview DCI director Dan Acheson about the rule and policy changes the board adopted this week, in response to my story on George Hopkins. Today I was told no. He won't take my call and will only take questions in writing.

Agree on this looking bad. And it may represent a potential problem that either Dan Acheson or Tricia Nadolny knows but hasn't come out yet. Or maybe it's relatively innocent, that he just wasn't able to talk about the rule and policy changes adopted this week. It doesn't seem they'd been officially announced at time of Trisha Nadolny's post.

But by saying, or having a DCI spokesperson say, NO, submit questions in writing, it makes it look like he's ducking something. You don't have to take a reporter's questions if you don't want to be on the record about whatever's asked. The better way to handle that, if you must decline, is to just not take the call or return the message. You don't say, NO, submit your questions in writing. Of course she's going to report that response, and it looks bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still waiting for my defamation subpoena too. Guy was over huggy with teenage females at the church youth group where he volunteered. He got told to stop it and he went ballistic.  My biggest problem was his mom knew my mom. So got THE phone call from mom wanting to know what was going on. Told her I couldn't say anything and that's when I heard about potential lawsuit. My response was good.. if he does sue then I can tell you.

You really  have to have your ducks lined up in a row if you’re going to go that route. Having a lot of baggage wouldn’t encourage many attorneys to take on such a case. 

58 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Kanye isn't a good analogy. He makes factually inaccurate statements and then complains that he is being "attacked" when called out on it

As far as Atchison, I don't think it matters whether his record is technically clean. Perception and optics are important, especially in a world where information travels quickly. It wasn't smart to hire him, simple as that

Actually Kanye is a perfect example 

i agree optics are important, very. Particularly for yea at this stage 

Howecer this topic is extremely important.  But individuals in this thread are misrepresenting the situation surrounding atchison to suit their personal agenda/narrative

anyone who then disagrees with them is accused of “excusing” abuse.

It’s disgraceful. IMHO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

A couple people expressed worry that Hop may sue YEA for wrongful termination. I don't think he successfully can do that. He resigned.

He has zero chance of winning a suit. Zero 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It’s a little interesting to sit back and watch the mob response to some of these important topics. As illustrated in the 2017 Boston Crusaders program, trial by mob is never a “best practice”

I am also drawn to Kanye’s recent comments about mob think and the left silencing/shutting down opposing viewpoints. 

A lot of both suddenly going on in this thread imo 

Given some other things Mr. West said this week, perhaps best not to rely much on his opinions. (Bless John Legend though.)

As for Boston's show, one curious thing last year was how the audience seemed to want the "witch" to burn. Nobody seemed upset by the ending.

• Like 1

Has this news from DCI been noted yet? I did a forum search for "pivotal" over the past week, which yielded no results:

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Given some other things Mr. West said this week, perhaps best not to rely much on his opinions. (Bless John Legend though.)

As for Boston's show, one curious thing last year was how the audience seemed to want the "witch" to burn. Nobody seemed upset by the ending.

Even though witches never burned

and West said NOTHING inaccurate 

legend is an idiot ;-)

its all mob mentality and it is VERY much on topic on this important conversation 

• Like 1