The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Not funny at all. Horrific is a good word. 

The grief/ tears the woman  on the video tape displayed was gut wretching. It really came thru loud and clear how horrific their sense of betrayal was.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Just now, BRASSO said:

The grief/ tears the woman  on the video tape displayed was gut wretching.

Those videos literally had me in tears. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

I can't see how the current YEA BOD is not replaced.  All of them. Their actions, coupled with that statement yesterday, would appear to have sealed their fate. Sounds like some decent folks with ties to the Cadets are prepared to clean house. Good for them. I wish them great success in their efforts to get control there....and before its too late.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He told us he answered an ad in Drum Corps World.  He said he had worked at DCI with Dan Acheson beforehand. 

So does anyone read DCW anymore? I would think someone would notice an ad looking for board member applicants and think it was weird. Maybe someone should ask DCP if they ever sold an ad for such purpose. I do believe and have said that I think that the board existed only because they legally had but I don't know that I would believe it would be filled by a newspaper ad. Board positions are supposed to be voted on by members, not applied for and awarded like a job.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I agree with this. According to the Philly Inquirer reporter, the YEA BOD was told by the Victim's Atty ( Hahn ) the details of each of the 9 separate acts of sexual abuse spanning decades. Only the names were withheld. But those names AND the women would be provided for interviews to YEA, if YEA agreed to suspend GH, and allow for a 3rd party independent investigation of the victims alleged abuses. If these are the terms, given the fact the alleged victimization spanned decades,  involved 9 people, and the sheer numbers of victims that will be made available for interviews to the YEA Board, it seems a no brainer to me. The YEA BOD needed to go immediately to GH and tell him he needs to step aside for a bit until this matter can be resolved by a 3rd party investigation, then DCI immediately notified as well of their decision. The YEA BOD however, in their quest to protect YEA  made a decision ( allowing GH to stay on with these multiple allegations from victim's Atty swirling about ) that was actually perhaps counterproductive to that quest. Given the depth, breadth, numbers of the multiple acts of sexual abuse allegations, the YEA BOD had a moral, ethical, perhaps legal, obligation to make certain that the Cadets MM's, staffers, workers were now in no future potential harm.  The current YEA BOD failed .. miserably... in their duties to fall on the side of caution and safety above all else, particularly when its a YOUTH organization they are representing.

And didn't they also fail in not reporting this to DCI in January? If so, will DCI kick them to the curb for not following policy?

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

So does anyone read DCW anymore? I would think someone would notice an ad looking for board member applicants and think it was weird. Maybe someone should ask DCP if they ever sold an ad for such purpose. I do believe and have said that I think that the board existed only because they legally had but I don't know that I would believe it would be filled by a newspaper ad. Board positions are supposed to be voted on by members, not applied for and awarded like a job.

I think he’d been on the board awhile.  I just know what he said.  Jim can back me up on this because he asked the question. 

• Thanks 1