The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

That " many " number  also speaks volumes about the internal strife WITHIN the organization, more so than just external " spite ", that clearly was there regarding the long controversial YEA Executive Director.

not really, many reasons older alumini dont care for him had to do with change. There are other corps alumni today feel the same about change within their own corps. Although some are obvious especially on line others try to hide it

35 minutes ago, Daave said:

Simple rules to crisis management.  Violate any one of them and you're gonna have a bad time. Since this has been simmering for some time now, it would appear that they are about to have a bad time.

Tell the truth

Tell it first

Tell it yourself

Tell it all

Jimmy Swaggert now pacing the sidelines?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Interestingly, the title was chosen AFTER these allegations were made.  (But before the allegations really became public.)  No matter what happens, that title was just not a very good idea.

Another example of the institutional arrogance that got him to this position.

And his board.

6 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

tPerhaps, but that shouldn't dismiss the allegations. Don't be so presumptuous to believe this is isolated to one person or one organization.

I don't think i said any of what you just did. Nothing has to be dismissed or made light of to still have the facts of the other. I didnt comment on any of this just on how many alumni feel about him.. Alot justified imo and alot not

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

Perhaps, but that shouldn't dismiss the allegations. Don't be so presumptuous to believe this is isolated to one person or one organization.

I don't dismiss these allegations at all Jim. They deserve a long overdue legal redress, imo. I am not so naive to believe that this is isolated to either one individual, one gender, nor just one organization either.  Things DO change. Sometimes change is needed. This is an example of one of those times, imo.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I don't think i said any of what you just did. Nothing has to be dismissed or made light of to still have the facts of the other

While true, I think the consideration of "why post this comment within this context" can be duly noted. I know I have been guilty of a "well, actually" at time when the context made it appear to be something that it wasn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I don't dismiss these allegations at all Jim. They deserve a long overdue legal redress, imo. I am not so naive to believe that this is isolated to either one individual, one gender, nor just one organization either.  Things DO change. Sometimes change is needed. This is an example of one of those times, imo.

Totally agree 

2 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

While true, I think the consideration of "why post this comment within this context" can be duly noted. I know I have been guilty of a "well, actually" at time when the context made it appear to be something that it wasn't.

I just responded to a poster talking about alumni comparisons..thats all

• Like 1

There was a considerable push on these boards and FB months back to DEMAND that DCI take a central role in establishing Best Practice rules for all corps in the activity, and this is exactly why I argued (much to the consternation of some even on this thread) that such a tactic would do more harm than good.  Despite protestations by some here that I was being insensitve to the victims and "...of COURSE..." DCI should develop a central policy, the opposite is actually the correct path - DCI should have a policy for the employees and interns it hires and then it should throw its hands up and claim NO RESPONSIBILITY for the actions or policies, "best" or otherwise, of the individual corps.

If DCI has a central policy, then Hopkins' escapades would land in Indianapolis and cover all the corps and the activity with his stink.  With no central policy to hang liability on, each corps stands on its own and has a chance to not be covered in Hopkins' excrement.

When passions run high on sensitive subjects, it's often hard to think rationally with an unbiased and unjaundest viewpoint.

Now would be a good time to start recognizing and practicing that idea no matter one's viewpoint of the man or the accusations.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Totally agree 

Now that these woman have come forward, it will be up to both DCI and YEA to publically put out a press release as to their initial reaction to this newspaper's investigatory piece.... and what both intend to do moving forward with it. I'd imagine lawyers are advising them on what to say, and how to proceed.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1