The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

Well, again I'll say we're just not communicating.  Let's just let this die.

Yes. let die your angry tone criticizing my " reading comprehension levels " when in fact it was you that misunderstood than Dan was referring to a  the potential Corps dismissal from DCI as a consequence for failure to comply with reporting requiremernts to DCI HQ, and not as you stated above that Dan was instead referring to" DCI employees " here re. " dismissal from DCI " that Dan invoked as potential DCI HQ penalties in his interview with the Indy Star.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

A variant on this that might work would be to employ a single Compliance Director at DCI to whom each corps must report.

I doubt that DCI has the revenue to pay a compliance director for each corps.

But, again, having a Compliance Director would require BoD approval and agreement by each corps to support the position financially.

Each NCAA member school has to pay for said compliance officer, i am sure the cost could be split. This way there is someone in place not beholden to the member corps. Just a spitball, but something is needed to report any violations of laws/rules/protocol/etc.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

BWAHAAAAA!

Paulie used a razor blade to slice the garlic for the tomato sauce.

"...not too many onions in the sauce!"

so you're saying people are going to federal prison ;P

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. let die your angry tone criticizing my " reading comprehension levels " when in fact it was you that misunderstood than Dan was referring to a  the potential Corps dismissal from DCI as a consequence for failure to comply with reporting requiremernts to DCI HQ, and not as you stated above that Dan was instead referring to" DCI employees " here re. " dismissal from DCI "

OK, what you said is fine for me.

"Angry tone"...  you don't know me well, do you?  lol.

My tone is not angry, it's corrective.  Again.  Repeatedly. 

And still, you misread the words in the Indy report.

It's so recent in the posts that I'll not repost it here to emphasize (again) your misunderstanding.

("Angry tone".  Still makes me laugh.)

Here are the paragraphs from the Indy article that describe the policies that DCI has in place regarding this issue.  (Emphasis mine)

"Dan Acheson, executive director and CEO of Drum Corps International, told IndyStar he was deeply concerned and first learned of the allegations when the article published.

The organization is conducting an internal review to learn whether any employees knew of the allegations but failed to report them. It's also reviewing policies and procedures around reporting abuse, Acheson said. 

The employee handbook contains directions for Drum Corps International employees on how to report allegations, Acheson said. But now, the organization is reviewing how to create a similar process for those outside who are involved in drum corps groups, such as participants, their families or directors."

Apparently, DCI did not have policies at the time of these incidents that detailed what was to be done by non-DCI employees in such circumstances.

Just in case this is unclear to any readers.

Edited by garfield
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

BIG part of my annual DoD training. 

And can’t resist on taint team.... is that taint as in tainted or (turn on Larry the cable guy voice) “taint supposed to do that”

"T'aint right Jim, T'aint right!" Couldn't help myself. Guy at work used to say that all the time. Only in America could that guy make 30+ an hour, until he was fired, ironically for repeated dumb and dumber sexual harassment incidents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

The family has a lot of buffers.  :laughing:

Technically, the "Paulie" reference came from Goodfellas, and "The family had lots of buffas" came from the Godfather, but they're both excellent and you are forgiven for confusing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s why Texas was getting ready to go after Jerry Sandusky if PA dropped the ball. JS had kid in his rom at an Alamo Bowl

Will stay on topic, but I would gladly discuss more of a lot of that whole incident (Joe-Bots, trial prep, etc.) over dinner with some of you any time.