The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

I'm waiting for there to be a call to arms to expand the search to Wgi, Boa, and all the local circuits. It might be a witch Hunt.

Edited by jjeffeory

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

True enough, and from reports, GH lost his attorney, and was out seeking another one, and  presumably he was not inclined to want talk to any more reporters now without an attorney, once this initial bombshell broke last week.

He may have fired him too.  We really don't know either way.

• Like 1

--"Can you get me off the hook, for old time's sake?"

--"Can't do it, Georgie."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Please Lord. No. Just when they had stopped bickering about this. No!

28 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Sorry, but I do think it's a point worth understanding.

I have to agree with BRASSO on this one.  The first part of the article speaks of DCI employee internal investigations.   The second part clearly states:

Drum Corps International also is reviewing policies related to ensuring compliance with best practices and laws around reporting abuse for participating groups, Acheson said. 

Participating groups that fail to meet Drum Corps International's policies can lead to that group's dismissal.

That statement seems CLEAR as a bell to me.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Liahona said:

He may have fired him too.  We really don't know either way.

True enough, ie we really don't know either way.. The press release came from his current Attorney over the weekend stating that he was no longer representing Mr. Hopkins. Since it came from the attorney in a press release, I took that as a resignation on the part of the attorney to continue to further represent him, for whatever reasons. However, you are correct, its quite possible that Hopkins could have fired him instead. Not out of the realm of possibility I suppose either,  as GH does have a reputation for firing people rather quickly and abruptly over the years when he's not happy. So who knows.

Edited by BRASSO

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Does it say you’re banned on your profile? 

It used to but haven’t checked for Stu. Just noticed it years again with someone I had problems with

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Does it say you’re banned on your profile?

No idea. It doesn't on his. Most recent post was in January. But he's checked out for several months at a time before. Real life gets in the way sometimes.

Wow. He's "won" 22 days here.

Whoa. I've "won" 30 days here? How on earth?

(Both of us most recently in November, oddly enough.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sounds like she got ruffied to me.  Horrible.  

That's just horrible.