The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

What ?  Several Cadet Alums, very close to the Corps, were even saying as recently as yesterday ( other social media ) that the YEA BOD were digging in their heels, and were not about to resign. DCI HQ  stepped in, gave them the whatfor ( dismissal from DCI as an option ). YEA BOD was boxed in, had virtually no support anywhere, both Cadets alums. DCI and thus agreed to DCI's  and Sean's demand. Thats what happened. Nobody is " trolling here ",( unless you are engaging in it with me)

Don't believe everything you read or even said...sometimes even alumni don't see the forest through the trees. I know I had an email on this last night ( very late or I would have mentioned it ) then another a little after 8 this morning.

either way a good thing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

Not, apparently, if people think like you do and keep bring up suspension from DCI of the corps itself.

If the member corps have to vote if Cadets are in or out. I would be careful. They won't go down alone and those who are vocal it may hit closer to home than they think.  Just a thought

2 hours ago, bishtom said:

I have been treated for diabetic retinopathy disease for four years .

Monday was injection day ( treatment involves getting needles in my eyes).

while i was in the chair, waiting on the surgeon to give me the injections, a member of the YEA board ( who I never met or heard of ) sent me several messages chewing me out for calling on the boards resignation.

He continued this even after I explained to him where I was and what I was about to go through.

Classy

Treatnent went well .

Four years of new breakthrough treatments have restored my vision!

Let the healing process for The Cadets begin!

i'd out the ######## publicly

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I disagree.

Agree with the disagree. Guessing marchers are not there for too many years for one thing. And for all the dire Penn State will never be able to come back talk a new staff with the team (and the school itself) and back where they used to be.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and I have no doubt it ill come pouring in.

I am telling you right now, if they kick ### on the field this year, hands down they will get the loudest cheers I can remember since SCV and VK in 92

YUP, totally agree

Cadets 2018

TOP 5

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I disagree.

Yeah, while there are likely to be further revelations and some more fallout, this move seems likely to be seen by history as the turning of a corner.

(I have no idea how they'll do competitively this year. Cadets fans should certainly steel themselves for the possibility of a rough season. Simply due to the fact that major organization changes often have unforeseen logistical implications.)

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Imagine installing a BOD without resorting to ads in Drum Corps World...who knew? :laughing:

Craigslist, perhaps????  :lol:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, while there are likely to be further revelations and some more fallout, this move seems likely to be seen by history as the turning of a corner.

(I have no idea how they'll do competitively this year. Cadets fans should certainly steel themselves for the possibility of a rough season. Simply due to the fact that major organization changes often have unforeseen logistical implications.)

If Staff and members go about this the right way  with the right attitude, bring their A Game, push, give of themselves... No idea on placement- but they'll bring a product people will enjoy to the field. That's what I look for when I buy a show ticket.

• Like 3