The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

46 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed. I would add with the last few seasons of horrific late season “design choices” behind us MAYBE Cadets will grow finals week this summer vs collapsing. JMO

The Guard caption head spot is key. I’ve heard good rumors, but waiting for confirmation

Mostly that won’t even matter, the problem  we are aware of is gone and those most responsible for allowing it are gone 

Huge positive steps 

... double post.

Stinking Apple sometimes.  Or DCP.  Or my wifi.  Me? couldn't possibly be me.

Edited by garfield

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

welllllll. freedom is one thing unshackled staff can also be disastrous. There still needs to be a bad guy to reign things in.

You are right though about design panic and rewrites. But one has to also make the changes early on rather than spend a summer trying to prove a point that never gets made. A fine line for sure.

Completely agree!  I am so excited for these kids right now.  This is going to be one of those special and memorable seasons for the MMs.  Aside from any score or placement, they are going to be so well received by every crowd this summer.  The new board will have a lot on their plate.  It will not be a cake walk but, wow... the new board holding things together is going to create something each of these kids will remember for life.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

welllllll. freedom is one thing unshackled staff can also be disastrous. There still needs to be a bad guy to reign things in.

You are right though about design panic and rewrites. But one has to also make the changes early on rather than spend a summer trying to prove a point that never gets made. A fine line for sure.

It helps to have a clear understanding of what you're trying to portray well BEFORE the season starts.

BD's a good example...I'd guess they already know what they want to do 2 years out, and by the time they get to it, things are solidified and the kids understand the program.

Hell...just watch "Clash of the Corps" to see this in action...or any season of BD 360.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Completely agree!  I am so excited for these kids right now.  This is going to be one of those special and memorable seasons for the MMs.  Aside from any score or placement, they are going to be so well received by every crowd this summer.  The new board will have a lot on their plate.  It will not be a cake walk but, wow... the new board holding things together is going to create something each of these kids will remember for life.  

AS I said it could be just what was needed gas, to go far, the drive to overcome, the fight to prove naysayers wrong..Seems like a good formula from a corps that over many many decades has proved they can overcome and succeed.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

It helps to have a clear understanding of what you're trying to portray well BEFORE the season starts.

BD's a good example...I'd guess they already know what they want to do 2 years out, and by the time they get to it, things are solidified and the kids understand the program.

Hell...just watch "Clash of the Corps" to see this in action...or any season of BD 360.

absolutely

21 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I’m not so sure that will be the attitude in the stands

I’m not sure that will be my attitude

More needs to happen; more time needs to pass so we’ll see

the borg needs to stop being the borg

Just now, cowtown said:

You'll have a negative attitude even though those responsible for wrongdoing have been banished?

2 minutes ago, cowtown said:

you're late...the borg is gone. ( if thats what you meant ) BOD

and yes I would think the reception for the members will be overwhelming

Edited by GUARDLING

14 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

you're late...the borg is gone. ( if thats what you meant ) BOD

and yes I would think the reception for the members will be overwhelming

I was going to bring my vuvuzela for them but Dan Potter says that’s a no no.  :laughing:

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 4