The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

18 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Hypothetical question: George decides he wants to speak to the combined members of both corps (Cadets and C2) at camp this weekend. Good idea or bad idea?

He shouldn't even have the choice as to whether or not he can. By the weekend he should not be listed on any of the corps info. 

That would be the worst thing he could do since these allegations have come to light, and would be ducking pathetic if he were to even be allowed at camp.

At this point he has no right to be anywhere near those kids. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

If he has ANY sense of self-preservation, he'll stay far away from the activity. Hell, he should probably sell his car, move to a new apartment, and shave his head. He is probably persona non grata wherever he goes right now

Who said he/YEA aren't moving fast enough ... Hopkins DID just move to a new apartment within the past few weeks.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Hypothetical question: George decides he wants to speak to the combined members of both corps (Cadets and C2) at camp this weekend. Good idea or bad idea?

That's the worst possible thing he could do! 

Edited by bluesman
syntax

15 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Bad idea. First, given his stream of consciousness speaking, he’ll probably say too much. Second, young people today have no tolerance for this behavior. There could be members who will not attend camp if he is present. It’s very unlikely they’ll want to save their embattled director.

• Like 2

My heart aches both for alums and current marching members. They don't deserve this.

I'd hate to see this take down the entire organization. George needs to resign yesterday.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am physically ill and literally have tears in my eyes. I feel horrible for the victims, both for what happened to them and also that they have to publicly relive these atrocities. I can not imagine the PTSD they have to live with. 

Me, too my friend.  Stomach churning all day.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Personally I think Cadets2 will suffer first and foremost at this. I will be surprised if they are even able to field this summer. Staff Issues and recruiting will be the issue here. The Cadets can probably weather the storm till this sorts itself out. 

USBands could take a huge hit. The Philly paper covers a wide swath of their territory

• Like 3

I just UN-friended George. Maybe the few thousand other people who are on his friends' list might want to consider doing the same.