The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

4 hours ago, garfield said:

That’s not been the misunder...

oh crap. Not doing it. 

I wonder why DCI didn’t just give the Cadets a copy of DCI’s harassment policy?

I know of a corps who was placed on probation because their food program was subpar.

All these policies should be available ONLINE for anyone to see them...I'm not sure why they don't wish to be transparent in a time when transparency is really needed...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daave said:

One of the things I find interesting is while it clearly lays out that these things must be accomplished in order tour this summer, there is no date to comply listed in the article.  For the sake of discussion, let just say YEA was told June 1, 2018 as that date.  The article provides no other options other than comply or no participation.  That puts many people in a no win situation... from the membership, to parents, staff, bus and food contracts, and on and on.  Whether by design or not, it truly puts the onus on this new board to act quickly and appropriately.

I thought monitoring is every two weeks beginning April 30th...probation until September2018 at minimum...unless I read wrong..

6 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’m not so sure that will be the attitude in the stands

I’m not sure that will be my attitude

More needs to happen; more time needs to pass so we’ll see

the borg needs to stop being the borg

I’m kind of with you on this one. I don’t think we’ve reached the end of the revelations yet. New stuff has been coming out almost daily. More allegations, additional staff having knowledge. :(

Kudos to LotHype on FB for keeping up with this, BTW.

Mike

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liahona said:

All these policies should be available ONLINE for anyone to see them...I'm not sure why they don't wish to be transparent in a time when transparency is really needed...

I'm sure Cadets policy is being rewritten right now. or maybe just written

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well someone is lying...don't think it's the woman either...but that is just MY opinion...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

To be fair, the grounds crew WAS supposed to reline the field before they came out....given the drill that year, the references were important for the kids.

Are we going to re-hash this again! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

Hmmmmm.....I was thinking about who maybe had the strength, know how and experience to keep YEA going... my thoughts: 

Jeff Fiedler

2 hours ago, Kyle B said:

Uhhh...you do know why he isn't at SCV anymore?

Just NO.

So in this thread:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/168300-corps-responses-to-inquirer-article/

I noted that Cavaliers posted an extensive statement on the subject of sexual harassment and other workplace safety issues to their website on March 23.

They indicate that they did so in response to a discussion of that subject at DCI's meeting in January.

That is all.

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So in this thread:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/168300-corps-responses-to-inquirer-article/

I noted that Cavaliers posted an extensive statement on the subject of sexual harassment and other workplace safety issues to their website on March 23.

They indicate that they did so in response to a discussion of that subject at DCI's meeting in January.

That is all.

As noted in that thread, Blue Devils don't seem to have made any announcement about the recent news, but they do have a "Youth Protection Policy" on the "About" section of their website, where they note that they recently reviewed and updated their procedures. Was that also in response to the Januals discussion?

And Colts likewise note that they reviewed their procedures in March.