The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

26 minutes ago, skevinp said:

He didn't say that and you know it. 

Yes thank you!  Please Don't twist my words.   I am not defending GH.  Sean King is a decent human and I am telling you that I have spoken to at least 10 YEA employees that said they never saw anything like was alleged go on at YEA.   Sean is an honest person and extremely professional and does not deserve to be attacked or worst.  Think about it, All of a sudden he is the acting CEO and now his name gets mentioned and credibility questioned.  Ask anyone who is close to the situation and they will all tell you different.   I am not saying that none of this happened with George and feel for the women but rest assure there is a group behind this that wants to take over YEA and they will stop at nothing. That is a fact.  This was very planned out and I am sure this part will all come out in a court of law for a jury to figure out.  I am a major donor of The Cadets and I will not support them anymore if they allow Sean to be a victim too. I can't speak for others but I can tell you that a lot of us watching all that is happening are not happy with how they are stopping at nothing and don't care who else they hurt so they can have total control of YEA.  You don't hurt innocent people that had nothing to do with this or was even aware.  That is a fact that the employees of YEA will tell you that they did not see this behavior at YEA.  

Edited by ebo

36 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

So the whole Hopkins rapey thing was a smear campaign to take down King? I believe the woman.

You do realize that both King and the latest accuser may be telling their truths?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Itt he might not remember something she said about harassment if he had no idea of the context or seriousness of it all at the time.  

Possible. However, the woman said she told Sean King   " more than once " of her being uncomfortable around George Hopkins, and according to her GH was  sex texting her . It would seem  that any boss ( GH , in this case ) that is sex texting a subordinate..presumably away from work.., and another of her bosses ( Sean King ) hears about that... and according to the woman.. she told this " more than once to Sean King " that he perhaps needed to take his subordinate's ( the woman ) account a bit more seriously than stating ( according to her) "... " Oh thats just George, you know how he can be ". But yes, context is everything, and perhaps he was not really listening to this woman's complaints about the sex texting by GH to her, and her being " uncomfortable " at work around GH as carefully as he should have... who knows. Sean King denies she even complained at all to him about the sex texting to her away from work by George Hopkins. Later, according ti her, the texting escalated into physical unwanted advances, then eventually the apparent rape of her by GH. ( Sean King not informed of the later apparent rape of her however by GH, )The Woman here tells the Philly Inquirer her story in a chronological manner... including what she allegedly told Sean King about GH's early on troubling behaviors with her both at work and away from the office.. his account is different than hers, from his remembrance of the conversations,  according to the reporter who contacted Sean King for his reply to what she told the reporter . So it seems like the classic case of " He Said.. She Said " it would seem at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i know of corps putting starting to adopt policies 18 years ago

An individual corps is one thing but DCA did nothing in 2013 after it was reported that a lifetime registered sex offender was identified and marching in one of the corps. Seen the individual marching on the Navy Marine Corps field in Annapolis. 

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Possible. However, the woman said she told Sean King a" number of times" of her being uncomfortable around George Hopkins, and according to her GH was " texting her " away from work to her " at night ". It would seem  that any boss ( GH , in this case ) that is sex texting a subordinate away from work, and another of her bosses ( Sean King ) hears about that... and according to the woman.. she told this " a number of times to Sean King " that he perhaps needed to take his subordinate's ( the woman ) account a bit more seriously than stating ( according to her "... " Oh thats just George, you know how he can be ". But yes, context is everything, agreed.

Bothers me if she reported something multiple times and no one kept a record. If there are multiple episodes but a different person is told each time you would never see a pattern 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

You do realize that both King and the latest accuser may be telling their truths?

George Dixon you know Sean.  He and many others at YEA did not see the abuse.  Plus a lot of the stories that I read sounds like they were all consensual up until the part where it got out of hand in private.  She didn't say she told Sean of the rape, just that she told him about George making crude comments to her.   That is a big difference and Sean denies it 100%. I dont want to attack the victim but if she didn't go to the police for being alleged raped then why would she tell Sean about anything else?  And if she felt she was being harassed why did she go out drinking with GH and put herself in that situation kowning that he has been harassing her? Does that make any sense at all?  

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Possible. However, the woman said she told Sean King a" number of times" of her being uncomfortable around George Hopkins, and according to her GH was " texting her " away from work to her " at night ". It would seem  that any boss ( GH , in this case ) that is sex texting a subordinate away from work, and another of her bosses ( Sean King ) hears about that... and according to the woman.. she told this " a number of times to Sean King " that he perhaps needed to take his subordinate's ( the woman ) account a bit more seriously than stating ( according to her) "... " Oh thats just George, you know how he can be ". But yes, context is everything, and perhaps he was not really listening to this woman's complaints as carefully as he should have... who knows. Sean King denies she even complained at all to him about the sex texting to her away from work by George Hopkins. Later, according ti her, the texting escalated into physical unwanted advances, then eventually the apparent rape of her by GH. The Woman here tells the Philly Inquirer her story. So its the classic case of " He Said.. She Said " it would seem to outsiders at the moment.

So my question is if you were getting sexually harassed, why in the hell would you go out with him drinking?  What am I missing here?  If you knew Sean you would know his integrity.  This is going to bite them with donors if they hurt Sean.  I promise you that.  He has great relationships with the donors and they will not stand for this including me. They will not survive this.  

9 minutes ago, ebo said:

So my question is if you were getting sexually harassed, why in the hell would you go out with him drinking?  .  

I don't know the answer to to your question, as it is not addressed in the reporter's article.

Edited by BRASSO