The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

14 minutes ago, ebo said:

So my question is if you were getting sexually harassed, why in the hell would you go out with him drinking?  What am I missing here?  If you knew Sean you would know his integrity.  This is going to bite them with donors if they hurt Sean.  I promise you that.  He has great relationships with the donors and they will not stand for this including me. They will not survive this.  

Let’s not unintentionally blame the victim 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ebo said:

So my question is if you were getting sexually harassed, why in the hell would you go out with him drinking?  What am I missing here?

My question is, why would you ask this in an open forum which doesn't involve interaction with the victim at all? What do you feel like your role is here?

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ebo said:

.  She didn't say she told Sean of the rape, just that she told him about George making crude comments to her.     

This is partially accurate read of the reporter's interview with the women.  However, according to her, she was early on in her employment there at YEA and was receiving sex texting from George Hopkins as well. She says she did not tell Sean King of the later rape of her by GH, but she tells the reporter of her feeling uncomfortable at work around GH early in her employ there, and the sex texting from GH she was receiving ( this part denied by Sean King, according to the reporter ). She states she told Sean King, her boss then, more than once of her being uncomfortable there at work around George Hopkins.  She was 22 years old at the time, ( former Cadet marcher ) and had just just started working there in the YEA office, according to the women's interview with the Philly Inquirer reporter.

Edited by BRASSO

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Let’s not unintentionally blame the victim 

Let's make sure they don't make Sean a victim either

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ebo said:

Let's make sure they don't make Sean a victim either

Ah. Nevermind my question. Your role here is clear.

• Like 1

Just saw that King has been suspended.

Edited by PamahoNow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

More

BREAKING NEWS; YEA CEO SEAN KING OUT. Sean King: "This message is to inform you that I have been officially notified by the YEA! Board of Directors that I am suspended as the Interim CEO of YEA! pending an investigation." #cadets #drumcorps @69News

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This is partially accurate read of the reporter's inteview with the former Cadet Marcher, and later Cadet office worker. According to her, she was receiving sex texting from George Hopkins as well. She says she did not tell Sean King of the later rape of her by GH, but she tells the reporter of her feeling uncomfortable at work around GH, and the texting from GH she was receiving. She was 22 years old at the time, according to the women's interview with the Philly Inquirer reporter.

Sean King is an honorable man who was also under the control of GH.  They had no human resource department or any way of addressing abuse.  Sean was an employee like her.  He had no power to do anything even if he was told which I believe him that she did not tell him.  George micro managed everyone there and controlled the board.  

YEA CEO SEAN KING SUSPENDED amid allegation by alleged victim that she told him Hopkins sexually harassed her and he did not report. King denies the allegation, saying a review will prove that out. #cadets #drumcorps @69News

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

47 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

An individual corps is one thing but DCA did nothing in 2013 after it was reported that a lifetime registered sex offender was identified and marching in one of the corps. Seen the individual marching on the Navy Marine Corps field in Annapolis. 

Well I’m not defending DCA admin. You know my thoughts on that subject 

• Thanks 1