mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unless it is something ordered by the legal system, how would a ban be enforced?

nm

Edited by HockeyDad

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

There are so many more avenues out there to accomplish the same goal that doesn’t have the online blackmark that YEA! did. 

A lot of the time I’ve heard employees to be initially charmed by Hop’s charisma, which I personally have never understood because he’s always come off as a creepy weirdo to me. 

So now we are judging any and all individuals who have ever chosen to work with YEA or the Cadets? I mean, let's get over ourselves and perhaps realize (and respect) that individuals make their own choices for many reasons. There are many who have worked with YEA and greatly benefitted from it. Cadets are among the most recognized marching-music entities in the world - the chance to work with such a group is a huge benefit to those who have done so - be it just a "resume" builder or skill set gain. Many stayed for decades with the Cadets (working alongside Hopkins) and reportedly enjoyed the experience. So there ya go.

Generalizations and hyperbole isn't going to solve this issue

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Well said.

You're right... there has to be that one person who is the tie-breaker... the one who will say "OK... it's gonna be done THIS way.... got it?" 

Without that, you risk complete chaos and a lot of wasted time, for the staff and the members.

I love the way you guys are able to calmly carry on a separate conversation while tornados full of knives are flying all around.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I completely disagree. You seem to want to cast/assign blame to everyone in YEA/Cadets for the actions of 1 individual. Let's not do that. 

That is not what I am doing which is why the words “at least temporarily” is part of my response. I do believe YEA and Cadets have lots of capable folks, but right now they are all too close to the situation. An outsider can work with these folks, but at least in the short term an outsider would probably be the best bet to help clean things up. 

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Silence would have been better than this pathetic, two-sentence nothing burger.

well, it is DCA admin. all i'll say

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Cavalier's policy statement says that SA/SH was a major discussion item at the Januals; vs 'hallway rumour discussions' describe a thousand or so posts ago.

policy and procedure was discussed yes in the board room.

rumors about individuals were not discussed in the board room. Pretty much everywhere else though

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And at least one post in the last 30 or so minutes has been deleted. Along with my reply which explains why I couldn’t find it lol 

I had one removed too - apparently its frowned upon to show how to defeat tracking cookies.  Its OK tho, I'll survive. :)

So what do we call the next guy,   "the Temporary Interim CEO, pending investigation of the interim CEO, pending replacement of the interim CEO with a permanent CEO", or TICEOPIICEOPRICEOPCEO?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, skevinp said:

So what do we call the next guy,   "the Temporary Interim CEO, pending investigation of the interim CEO, pending replacement of the interim CEO with a permanent CEO", or TICEOPIICEOPRICEOPCEO?

It’s not good to have to put out fires every 24 hours. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not good to have to put out fires every 24 hours. 

Its more like the same fire rekindling itself than a completely new fire.

• Like 1