mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

54 minutes ago, camel lips said:

IMMA still willing for time for the investigation to conclude but day by day with more victims coming forward with what appears to be credible accounts with dates and information... people with what appears to be good morals that did not come forward before because they did not want to see The Cadets and Drum corps go down With GH..... It make one wonder if there is not alot of truth to the allegations. 

I gotta say it sucks to be George Hopkins right now. 

it is entirely possible to be truthful an not want to see an organization go down in flames. been there with a drum corps myself...knew the truth, didnt do what should have been done. Granted, nothing like this in terms of the issue, but bad enough

36 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Sometimes, when I read people talking about the Cadets, I get a strong impression of "Cadets Exceptionalism".  A lot of people who have worked with other corps can say the same things about "resume building" and "skill set gains".  So, what is it about the Cadets that is/was different from--say--Blue Devils or Crown or Santa Clara?  What was truly unique to the Cadets?

And whatever that "thing" is, does it have any relevance to what has unfolded over the last week?

when you're a Cadet, you're a Cadet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dyin day 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the mods arent always here 24/7 like you think. they have real jobs and real lives, and in a thread like this, with so many frequently moving parts, the report button is usually the only way to get a specific post.

personally I would have just said "hey Meyer you jeans ironing pants ripping llama boy, chill the #### out".

but then again i know him

I say this with all the love and respect I can possibly muster.

#### you Ream! :tongue:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MikeM said:

reported :whip::bluedevil::fight:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, camel lips said:

I still think there are going to be a lot of people in the teaching profession that knew of GH reputation. .... Now if they had knowledge of some of allegations and did nothing... then they need to let the chips fall as they may. 

What group of people do you mean "in the teaching profession"?  Are you implying that people NOT working for DCI or the Cadets, but just working within the marching arts industry, had a duty to come forward if they knew anything?

6 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Hey Meyer you jeans ironing pants ripping llama boy, chill the #### out

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

What group of people do you mean "in the teaching profession"?  Are you implying that people NOT working for DCI or the Cadets, but just working within the marching arts industry, had a duty to come forward if they knew anything?

I'm going to say, it depends on Mandatory Reporting laws in their state. They vary across state lines.

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Hey Meyer you jeans ironing pants ripping llama boy, chill the #### out

you dont know him well enough to go there. Plus I held back LOL

6 minutes ago, Eleran said:

In Pennsylvania, maybe. (note emphasis) I'll ask someone who has gone through the whole recent certification with the updated laws in place about this. If the knowledge involved minors, I believe even in my time,  reporting definite knowledge, not rumors/innuendo was required.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

you dont know him well enough  at all to go there. Plus I held back LOL

Fixed that for you and me.

Just following directions.

:sigh:

• Haha 1