mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

you dont know him well enough to go there. Plus I held back LOL

At least he's neat enough to iron his jeans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I'm going to say, it depends on Mandatory Reporting laws in their state. They vary across state lines.

I thought that just had to do with minors, however.  Aside from the 3 incidents with corps members when GH was 23, everything else [which seem the more likely to be possibly known of by others] occurred with adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigW said:

At least he's neat enough to iron his jeans!

and rip his pants during the on field warmup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

and rip his pants during the on field warmup

Wow the guy blows that hard or is he a drummer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I thought that just had to do with minors, however.  Aside from the 3 incidents with corps members when GH was 23, everything else [which seem the more likely to be possibly known of by others] occurred with adults.

Agreed. I wasn't aware that you were parsing out his alleged abuse of minors in that question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mingusmonk said:

Agreed. I wasn't aware that you were parsing out his alleged abuse of minors in that question.

But even the Mandated Reporting (which I don't know if it was in effect back in 1980) would only apply to someone who knew about at that time, while the victims were still minors.   It's not an obligation to turn in someone who may have done something 40 years ago.  It's about getting a minor out of danger now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PA started mandatory reporting for teachers few years back after Pen State mess. But no idea if that only applies to in the school or outside activities like this. Will ask my grade school teacher in law when I get a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigW said:

Wow the guy blows that hard or is he a drummer?

That sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield setup line. :8_laughing:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BigW said:

In Pennsylvania, maybe. (note emphasis) I'll ask someone who has gone through the whole recent certification with the updated laws in place about this. If the knowledge involved minors, I believe even in my time,  reporting definite knowledge, not rumors/innuendo was required.

PA's background checks are brutal, as are their reporting requirements.

For example, as a volunteer firefighter, since I *might* come into contact with minor children I had to get the child abuse check plus go through the classes on reporting it.  That's in addition to a PA State Police background check and an FBI background check.  No fun at all.  The only check I've been through that's been more thorough was my government background check for my security clearance.  I would think YEAs staff would have to meet these same requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

PA started mandatory reporting for teachers few years back after Pen State mess. But no idea if that only applies to in the school or outside activities like this. Will ask my grade school teacher in law when I get a chance

Pretty sure it includes people far beyond just schools - doctors, community groups, even priests, etc.   pretty much anyone in control of children.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.