The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, ebo said:

So you don;t understand all what happened.  Go read it and when you do let me know and I will explain how it all went down by facts

SOOOOoooo what your saying is you have no proof, you want me to read not only between the lines, but look for invisible ink between the lines.

Got it.  

What kind of base is the invisible ink so I know how to get it to appear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ebo said:

Not answering your questions, I saw what they were doing and how they planned this all out.  I have the docs of how they were going to take over the corp and get him out.  No one liked Hop it is true but make no mistake this was all opportunity when they found out about the first victim and then they looked for more. Usually how it works is one comes out and then more speak up.  Not this plan, they got nine to agree and then demanded he be fired or else they would go to the newspaper.  What he did was terrible but why not just come out and report it right from the start?  You guys seem pretty smart and can figure this out yourselves I think.  So they got Hop out, Board out and now what are they going to do with Sean?  Well let's see if we can get someone to just mention something about him the day after no doubt.  What bothers me most is that this lastest victim complained about another sexual harassment and they fired that person but no one thinks that that Sean would report this one and not to mention she said in the paper that she didn't come forward because she was afraid they would fire her but then came forward to Sean???  If she was about to tell Sean then why didn't she go right to the police?  

Starting to get RAMD flashbacks with these responses so I’m done 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In the beginning I was saying don't withhold your money.  Now I'm saying just do it, get off DCP and let the 1,000's of true Cadet fans and alumni who are 100% behind the corps pick up your slack.

What's funnier, is that you probably would do that because you read about 10 people on DCP who disagree with you, and not because of the facts of the matter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

In the beginning I was saying don't withhold your money.  Now I'm saying just do it, get off DCP and let the 1,000's of true Cadet fans and alumni who are 100% behind the corps pick up your slack.

What's funnier, is that you probably would do that because you read about 10 people on DCP who disagree with you, and not because of the facts of the matter.

No I would rather waste my days talking about this stuff for the next two years because there is nothing better to do. Just want to hang around with misery. 

EBO, you want to know what's truly horrible about all these posts?

The fact that your ignorance & misleading claims of having truths when you don't offer up any may cause people here at DCP to react negatively to Sean in this matter.  In fact, I would say most people probably still have a positive view of him and probably was an innocent mistake that it's just Hop and he was sure he meant nothing, and probably expect him to stick around.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not helpful, that’s for sure. 

He is digging that hole deeper and burying the one he is trying to defend. I have to question his priorities and on whose behalf he is speaking. He doesn’t get it

One might hear rumors but they can’t act on rumors but when rumors that persisted for decades are shown to be true they taint all those that heard them, even if they didn’t have enough information to act upon the rumors. The past 30 plus years was built around these rumors. Can they even find Cadets Staff that hadn’t heard these rumors? Are there any on the new Board that hadn’t heard them?

It’s an awful situation

It’s not fair

It’s not right

The optics looks so bad and are getting worse

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ebo said:

Not answering your questions, I saw what they were doing and how they planned this all out.  I have the docs of how they were going to take over the corp and get him out.  No one liked Hop it is true but make no mistake this was all opportunity when they found out about the first victim and then they looked for more. Usually how it works is one comes out and then more speak up.  Not this plan, they got nine to agree and then demanded he be fired or else they would go to the newspaper.  What he did was terrible but why not just come out and report it right from the start?  You guys seem pretty smart and can figure this out yourselves I think.  So they got Hop out, Board out and now what are they going to do with Sean?  Well let's see if we can get someone to just mention something about him the day after no doubt.  What bothers me most is that this lastest victim complained about another sexual harassment and they fired that person but no one thinks that that Sean would report this one and not to mention she said in the paper that she didn't come forward because she was afraid they would fire her but then came forward to Sean???  If she was about to tell Sean then why didn't she go right to the police?  

Question, this Coup; was it due to Cadets recent drop in placement?

we're they sitting on this info for a while?

what are you really saying

3 minutes ago, cowtown said:

He is digging that hole deeper and burying the one he is trying to defend. I have to question his priorities and on whose behalf he is speaking. He doesn’t get it

One might hear rumors but they can’t act on rumors but when rumors that persisted for decades are shown to be true they taint all those that heard them, even if they didn’t have enough information to act upon the rumors. The past 30 plus years was built around these rumors. Can they even find Cadets Staff that hadn’t heard these rumors? Are there any on the new Board that hadn’t heard them?

It’s an awful situation

It’s not fair

It’s not right

The optics looks so bad and are getting worse

It really is hard to believe that if these allegations are true that SOMEONE at The Cadets or YEA had not heard them before and failed to act on them or investigate them. I mean seriously!  

If there were people running around saying stay away from GH hes a creep , stay away from GH he's that way... then it HAD to have gotten back to the BOD . HAD TO! No if ands or buts about it. 

11 minutes ago, ebo said:

What bothers me most is that this lastest victim complained about another sexual harassment and they fired that person but no one thinks that that Sean would report this one and not to mention she said in the paper that she didn't come forward because she was afraid they would fire her but then came forward to Sean???  If she was about to tell Sean then why didn't she go right to the police?  

a) One person was fired AFTER LOTS OF TIMES he did and said innapropriate things. she didn't complain once and then he was fired. AND the fired guy's friend who would participate and egg him on was NOT fired instead he stayed workign for sean for a few more years and would say lots of innapropriate stuff and sometimes sean would reprimand him but he let him stay despite some really bad stuff he would say.

b) I 100% agree with you that if she had told sean "Hey - George raped me" That sean would have talked to her about going to the police and would have tried to find a way to get the board or coo to do something. 

But that's not what she is claiming she told him.  reading the article she didnt say she told sean about the rape - she told him about the harrasment that happened before the rape.  when the rape happened she just shut down - WHICH IS A TOTALLY NORMAL PSYCHOLOGICAL RESPONSE.  

And that is what is wrong about the 'it's no big deal, don't be sensitive, just ignore him' reaction to people who say innappropriate things.  Hop said innappropriate things to someone and noone ever told him to shove it so he doesn't have any reason to think about boundaries or limits or consquences and eventually saying innappropriate things turned into doing innappropriate things. 

EVERYONE who ever heard George say something truly innappropriate and just rolled their eyes but said nothing (or worse - laughed and egged the conversation on) contributed to the culture of acceptance which made for an unsafe workplace.  
anyone who worked there could have tried to speak up but as a department head sean had the most responsibility to speak up.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1