The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, cowtown said:

I’ve heard that and I really hope that’s the case. The #metoo movement has been liberating and inspiring for so many, it’s great.

But in the back of my head rings a cynic   

Understandable.  But the bright spotlight would put me off of coming forward because of drum corps placements.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Yup - he DID say "of sexual assault".    BUT WHERE WAS HIS CITATION?!?

Ask him. But let's use 5.5%, which appears here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

There are now eleven claims, so the odds that all of them are lying would be, what ... 1 in 72 trillion?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ebo said:

No I would rather waste my days talking about this stuff for the next two years because there is nothing better to do. Just want to hang around with misery. 

Let me know where she is. Heard she’s fun

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

EBO, you want to know what's truly horrible about all these posts?

The fact that your ignorance & misleading claims of having truths when you don't offer up any may cause people here at DCP to react negatively to Sean in this matter.  In fact, I would say most people probably still have a positive view of him and probably was an innocent mistake that it's just Hop and he was sure he meant nothing, and probably expect him to stick around.

Said that too

25 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Jeff's not much of a ranter, actually. Not his style.

And when I do I get suspended lol

25 minutes ago, camel lips said:

It really is hard to believe that if these allegations are true that SOMEONE at The Cadets or YEA had not heard them before and failed to act on them or investigate them. I mean seriously!  

If there were people running around saying stay away from GH hes a creep , stay away from GH he's that way... then it HAD to have gotten back to the BOD . HAD TO! No if ands or buts about it. 

Would you have trusted his hand picked board?

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Right.  He is more of a quipster.  

Flatterer 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Toby said:

Did we lose the sign that said to refrain from feeding the trolls? I think it’s hanging around somewhere. 

Some cleaning and hammering has happened, please leave the name-calling out of it. I get enough of that at work. 

We let you post here :spitting:

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any reason given for Rich Templin leaving. Man over 40 years since he was yelling me for my marching “skills”.

Officially? Haven’t seen anything but, I mean the optics are horrific. His daughter, Cadets former guard caption head was dating George and two weeks ago, before the article came out made a very public plea for letters of support for George to be sent to the YEA board. Innocent or not, him staying adds to the layer of fog. I feel bad for him. Guilty by association 

• Like 1

YEA BoD CHMN says an independent firm has been hired to investigate the allegation SUS CEO King did not report alleged Hopkins harassment claim AND the organization as a whole. @69News #cadets #drumcorps

• Like 1