The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I ran out of popcorn.  I’ve resorted to pretzels.   Maybe later, Cocoa Puffs or Froot Loops. 

King size ?

• Haha 1

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Tinfoil hat. Check. Popcorn. Check. Ok, carry on. 

Oh, by the way, ebo, which former board member are you?

Prolly the guy who busted privately on a fellow DCP'er who called for the BoD's resignation and trolled the bajeezis out of him.

He could be a Hopbot! (1$ to a former student who coined the phrase for this guy)

38 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Officially? Haven’t seen anything but, I mean the optics are horrific. His daughter, Cadets former guard caption head was dating George and two weeks ago, before the article came out made a very public plea for letters of support for George to be sent to the YEA board. Innocent or not, him staying adds to the layer of fog. I feel bad for him. Guilty by association 

Yeah, I'm upset on this as well for Rich. Could also be he's just tired of the B.S. and decided enough was enough on his own if this is the case. I wouldn't blame him at all for that, either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

It was interesting to see that the new YEA BoD chairman is Doug Rutherford. I haven’t heard that name in a while... (He was the director at Regiment in 94.) I was fairly neutral towards him but I had some corps mates that weren’t too crazy about him. Regardless, I can’t imagine jumping into this cluster. May the Force be with you, sir.

Not everyone is gonna love yah in a corps or get along with yah. I know this. So, I don't think that's an issue. As long as they know you're there to do your job as well as you can do it, bust your can and are respected- being liked is a plus.

19 minutes ago, camel lips said:

That would totally suck having a Daughter that dated him then having to face 1000 of angry parents, alumni and students all looking at you with a concerning eye. 

Both Rich’s were judging KIDA Championships Sunday 

• Like 1

You know what I find surprising or should I say NOT so surprising is the alumni that are NOT coming out to support Hopkins saying that he could NOT possibly have done something like what he has been accused of. Where are these  Alumni? I haven't seen them. 

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s a great person.  He doesn’t deserve any of this. 

Haven’t dealt with Rich personally for decades but worked near the dad of a member (guard captain?) of a local HS guard. Heard a lot and all good

• Like 2