The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

8 minutes ago, BigW said:

Yeah, I'm upset on this as well for Rich. Could also be he's just tired of the B.S. and decided enough was enough on his own if this is the case. I wouldn't blame him at all for that, either.

Same feelings here, guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t need it.  The milk turns into chocolaty goodness about five minutes in..  :laughing:

You do. It increases the sugary chocolate buzz to untold levels. Kellogg's recommended it that way BITD and I think after I did it once and loved it and prolly went nuts, Mom ended up stopping it. :biggrin:

Edited by BigW
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And have your own reputation that you built up over the decades at stake. Know I went bat guano few years back when I was accused of something I didn’t do. 

I can't even imagine what the man is going through. Of course if these Allegations are true I feel like if he has a daughter that is dating GH he HAD to have heard the rumors of GH improprieties before. Dads Know everything! 

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t need it.  The milk turns into chocolaty goodness about five minutes in..  :laughing:

Cocoa Pebbles is the way to go for me! lol

• Like 1

Just now, camel lips said:

I can't even imagine what the man is going through. Of course if these Allegations are true I feel like if he has a daughter that is dating GH he HAD to have heard the rumors of GH improprieties before. Dads Know everything! 

Age difference just hit me as think I know Rich’s approximate and then deduct 20 or so years for the daughter. And as typing remember Rich’s wife’s maiden name was same as mine so possible distant relative

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I ran out of popcorn.  I’ve resorted to pretzels.   Maybe later, Cocoa Puffs or Froot Loops. 

Ironically, the voice of the Cocoa Puffs cuckoo bird... Chuck McCann.... passed away a few days ago.

That is my "answer to a trivia question" fact of the week.  :tongue:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigW said:

Not everyone is gonna love yah in a corps or get along with yah. I know this. So, I don't think that's an issue. As long as they know you're there to do your job as well as you can do it, bust your can and are respected- being liked is a plus.

That’s certainly true. (And not just in corps. Pretty much life, work, everywhere...) Like I said, I never had any issues. Actually, he helped me out one day when a particular marching instructor was being an unreasonable PITA towards me, specifically. (Those who marched in the early 90’s can probably guess who.) He’s certainly jumping into the deep end on this one. Sink or swim.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, camel lips said:

You know what I find surprising or should I say NOT so surprising is the alumni that are NOT coming out to support Hopkins saying that he could NOT possibly have done something like what he has been accused of. Where are these  Alumni? I haven't seen them. 

Maybe because there are none? Many alum (at least on the FB page I've seen) seem to know some of these victims and support and believe them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, camel lips said:

I don't think it will be up to JUST the investigators that YEA hires. I think it will be up to some CRIMINAL investigators that want to look at the case now that its come to light. Some of these have alleged incidents have happened within the Statute of Limitations. 

If you are referring to the accusations against Sean it will be up to the independent investigators the new YEA board has hired to review this issue. If Sean is innocent as he claims then the investigation will bare this out. If not... he will be out. The new board is very focused on stabilizing the organization, empowering the staff to make decisions and moving as quickly as they can to clean up what will soon be looked at as one of the most significant failures in non-profit management ever seen in the United States across ALL non-profits. As for GH... he will be made to account for his actions. And I suspect there may be some liability for the thankfully former board members as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1