The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

9 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Well, if these allegations do turn out to be true, GH will be in good company with Harvey Weinstein. Kevin Spacey. Charlie Rose. John Conyers. Roy Moore. Garrison Keillor. And Matt Lauer.

And the list is much, much longer than that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weinstein_effect

8 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I have yet to say these things happened in the office for all to see. They may have... but we do not know that as of now. 

Multiple allegations claim women were harassed and grabbed, kissed and fondled in the workplace. 

I really think we need to take a “wait and see” approach before saying everyone there save Hopkins was innocent. Especially at the rate new information is coming out.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Sean King has been suspended.  New board isn’t messing around.  

SOP for most people put in charge of any activity after the previous honchos had a tough stretch.

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Multiple allegations claim women were harassed and grabbed, kissed and fondled in the workplace. 

I really think we need to take a “wait and see” approach before saying everyone there save Hopkins was innocent. Especially at the rate new information is coming out.

Mike

I do not disagree with you. From the many people I have spoken to that did work in the office they did not know. To your point... there could be others. To quote John McCain "This is like a centipede. many more shoes to drop."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Except for the most recent allegation that says Sean knew?

Mike

The allegation had nothing to do with sexual assault. Lets see what they find.

26 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Except for the most recent allegation that says Sean knew?

Mike

I don't think he knew the actual extent of the issue.  I think he interpreted the comment in a way that wasn't ideal, but instead blew it off to GH being GH.  I fully believe him when he says if he knew the extent he would have reacted different.

He's in a lose-lose situation here.  From what I've heard and read Sean is a good guy.  This has to absolutely suck for him.  And now he's marked, even if he's 100% innocent, as having dirty hands in this whole mess.

The fallout from this will last for years to come, and may touch lots more people than any of us realize.

I so want GH in jail right about now.  The lives he's potentially ruined demand it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I seem to recall T-shirts sold last season by a certain corps..oh the irony here is just overwhelming...

mentioned already..finally caught up

This one in particular has a higher creep factor.

https://yea.org/shop/Start-Em-Young-p101982545

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. This one wins.

https://yea.org/shop/Cadets-Tour-Shirt-p103008391

Edited by cybersnyder
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I can’t help but wonder if these latest allegations and the suspension of Sean King pushes DCI closer to suspending the corps for the season. I’ve been an advocate for allowing them to march this season, but slowly changing my mind. Just when you think this story can’t get any worse, it does. 

Thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I can’t help but wonder if these latest allegations and the suspension of Sean King pushes DCI closer to suspending the corps for the season. I’ve been an advocate for allowing them to march this season, but slowly changing my mind. Just when you think this story can’t get any worse, it does. 

Thoughts?

At the least, it will make demonstrating that this season is viable that much harder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Thoughts?

Zero chance 

• Like 2