The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not prone to violence but I want to hit someone for this.  I’ve went from shocked to sad to mad. 

Melin hit her , knock her lights out Melin, lol...  Hit Weiser, people will pay( a steel Magnolia scene...couldn't help myself.) sorry for a second of levity

• Like 1

Brasso - tl;dr. Geez dude. 

Concerning would DCI suspend Cadets. I agree with George D. The only way that happens is they end up suspending themselves by not being able to meet the conditions laid out in the probation. If they can satisfy the probation conditions they tour. Even if they suspend another dozen people. If they can flush them and replace them with leadership that can make the right process changes and meet the fiduciary requirements, I cannot see how they would be suspended. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Which is why calling for their season to be cancelled is BS.

I don't think the idea of cancelling the season would be levied as a punishment but -if it were canceled- it would be due to a lack of leadership to guarantee beyond all reasonable doubt that the corps can protect its members.  Regardless of how SK came to be the interim CEO, the fact that they have now dismissed or suspended 2 directors in a row, in just 2 days... the only thing that could make that worse is if it had happened on the same day, or if they had dismissed 3 in a row.  I don't know... would you have better job security at Yea! or in the Trump White House --it's a toss up!

Edited by JMS1995
clarifying
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MikeM said:

Stay on topic please. :tongue:

My only saving grace THAT day was I was wearing the same color underwear as the uniform pants, otherwise it could have been additional GE points.

Never underestimate the potential GE of a well executed brown note...

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I think DCI is better with the Cadets involved and want to see them on the field this year. That said, we’re a month away from spring training. The organization is fighting an uphill battle right now, and You have to wonder how all of this is effecting their ability to plan a FB execute a successful summer tour. Yes, I want the kids to have a great experience, but in my experience running a youth organization, this kind of situation makes things 10 times more difficult. 

Exactly, planning and running a tour takes a huge amount of work and planning on the part of the director etc. especially since the old director couldn't delegate and controlled it all. Move ins are in a month! Plus they're going to California! Which I think makes the planning more complicated. With all that happening, the YEA org has to completely reorganize, deal with likely legal issues, and comply with the DCI probation requirements including presenting a new financial plan...