The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok woke up to find nothing new here so far today

Too early. Headed to Baltimore to check on my 1879 E Flat Tuba Restoration project today. Very excited to see where the project is right now. The only down side is the blank check I'm taking with me. :happy:

From everything I've been reading ,there does seem to be at least the possibility that the Cadets and/or the Cadets2 may have to cancel their 2018 tours.

If that's the case,how do they handle their home shows?

The corps and venues are all booked.

I would think that YEA could still hold the shows,just absent the home corps.

Kind of like what Clifton was going to be.

18 minutes ago, BigW said:

The only down side is the blank check I'm taking with me. :happy:

Ahhhh,, I see loads of zeroes on that check.  May the finished work allow you to recoup your investment in the tuba's value.  Time to increase the insurance policy.

10 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I understand what you are saying, but life is not fair. 

If GH had kept it in his pants & behaved in a way that youth educators should behave, they wouldn't be in this mess.

It's easy to sit back in the shadows and make a statement like that, but I'm willing to bet if it were YOUR corps, or if it were 19 year old YOU in this position, you wouldn't want that to happen. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

From everything I've been reading ,there does seem to be at least the possibility that the Cadets and/or the Cadets2 may have to cancel their 2018 tours.

If that's the case,how do they handle their home shows?

The corps and venues are all booked.

I would think that YEA could still hold the shows,just absent the home corps.

Kind of like what Clifton was going to be.

I’ve heard nothing from n C2 as DCA has only put out at best a generic statement of monitoring the situation.

man I can only imagine the gossip mill in Dayton this week 

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Sadly there is some predictable “rooting for the worse” from some very predictable sources

Cadets alumni and massive network of supporters will NOT allow anything but.a stellar experience for the 2018 members, especially because of the horrific actions of some old fart narcissist 

From reading this thread, I've had this same thought from the moment this news broke. Just shows how vindictive people are. I hope Cadets go on with their 2018 season and have a GREAT season. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

From reading this thread, I've had this same thought from the moment this news broke. Just shows how vindictive people are. I hope Cadets go on with their 2018 season and have a GREAT season. 

Yup!!! 

35 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It's easy to sit back in the shadows and make a statement like that, but I'm willing to bet if it were YOUR corps, or if it were 19 year old YOU in this position, you wouldn't want that to happen. 

I don't think anyone here WANTS that to happen.  We're all aware of the effects that will have on everyone involved.  That said, if DCI decrees it, it will happen, fair or not.

38 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yup!!! 

This place sometimes sounds like an echo chamber.

I will say this the nicest I can. What you see as vindictive from others...I see as genuine concern for the members of the Cadets sans perhaps one or two posters.  Whether the show goes on or not should be the least of all our concerns. It is not for me to decide though the best course of action for the organization to take.  I care not only for the victims, but also the SAFETY of the current members...It just seems to me there is still quite a bit of instability that leaves this an open question...yes the perpetrator is gone but there is more to this equation than just that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I find there to be an overwhelming vibe of support for both corps. I see people want the guilty to fry, people considered collateral damage to come out unscathed if truly innocent, and both corps to kick ###. 

Sadly most of the drama ive seen is alumni 

• Like 2