mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Naive question here: if YEA disbanded and another entity took over the Cadets, would it insulate the corps from liability for the things that happened under YEA?

I've wondered the same thing. Or if YEA decides to cease operations, declare bankruptcy or whatever - would the Cadets be considered an asset or free to emerge from the fire on their own? Instruments, vehicles and such would be a YEA asset, so they would truly start from scratch. That would be a heck of a fundraiser.

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Both Rich’s were judging KIDA Championships Sunday 

Rich H. is still listed as judging for MAPS Finals this Saturday as well. That was already an interesting topic BEFORE all this Cadets stuff happened, but now...

Just now, dhawtho1 said:

So..... Kriste dating George or is that done

Lawlz

So, I wonder if April Gilligan is coming back? Or if any of the great instructors of the past will come back now that the former director (his name isn’t worth even saying) is gone.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dhawtho1 said:

Check out Facebook if you have a page. 

11 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I've wondered the same thing. Or if YEA decides to cease operations, declare bankruptcy or whatever - would the Cadets be considered an asset or free to emerge from the fire on their own? Instruments, vehicles and such would be a YEA asset, so they would truly start from scratch. That would be a heck of a fundraiser.

I would think a lot would depend on how YEA and their programs are  structured.

its unclear,at least from YEA's website, how YEA's programs fall within their "umbrella".

It  could go as far as YEA owning  the "rights" to the corps name.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the above conversation got me looking for Kristy Templin on the Cadets staff page. She is indeed no longer listed. 

I watched a little of one of his Facebook Live sessions a couple months ago, and she was involved then. So presumably her absence from the staff page is recent.

35 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the above conversation got me looking for Kristy Templin on the Cadets staff page. She is indeed no longer listed. 

I watched a little of one of his Facebook Live sessions a couple months ago, and she was involved then. So presumably her absence from the staff page is recent.

Just a guess, but if she has any sense of right from wrong -- and I have heard she is outstanding as a teacher and designer for guard -- that she has likely said goodbye to Hoppy. Maybe she will stand by him until further proof comes out, IDK.