mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Hard to see him surviving this story. Nine women with similar stories over 40 years is powerful. Nine women came forward, how many did not? I also find it difficult to believe no one would talk to the YEA investigator. YEA needs to move on this quickly before the summer is lost. 

The Cadets are bigger than GH.  They will survive this.  Drum corps will survive this.  Perhaps everything will be better off in the long run.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommeee said:

The Cadets are bigger than GH.  They will survive this.  Drum corps will survive this.  Perhaps everything will be better off in the long run.

I agree that the Cadets are bigger and should survive this. How it is handled going forward will determine if that actually happens. And yes, I agree that things should be better in the long run as this is something that has been around the activity for decades. It's about time to clean it up. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommeee said:

The Cadets are bigger than GH.  They will survive this.  Drum corps will survive this.  Perhaps everything will be better off in the long run.

While I hope you're right, I think it's incredibly early to make that assumption.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so very disturbing.

I'm not so naive, as to be shocked that such behaviors do happen across ALL organizations. But, this hurts in so many ways. Probably one of the most well-written and comprehensive summary of the topic I've ever read. Extremely convincing and probably impossible to survive without damage to a greater organization that does very good work.

Justified, or not, our beloved activity is taking a big hit. The sadness I feel is great.

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I didn’t want to be the poster. Knew it was coming 

i think we all did...but didnt want to face facts. this is crushing TBH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

The next question is "how many people in power knew and did nothing?"

Many more than you'd imagine. 

 

More importantly....the snowball effect this will cause. How many more young men and women will come out...not only from the Cadets organization, but from other organizations. I mean, let's not act like we didn't know this type of behavior went on in this activity. 

Edited by Toe
grammar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OrlandoContraAlum said:

I agree that the Cadets are bigger and should survive this. How it is handled going forward will determine if that actually happens. And yes, I agree that things should be better in the long run as this is something that has been around the activity for decades. It's about time to clean it up. 

You said everything I wanted to say, but you said it much better than I did.  I agree completely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Toe said:

Many more than you'd imagine. 

 

More importantly....the snowball effect this will cause. How many more young men and women will come out...not only from the Cadets organization, but from other organizations. I mean, let's not act like we didn't know this type of behavior is new in this activity. 

Sadly,  this WILL have ramifications all thru DCI and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

While I hope you're right, I think it's incredibly early to make that assumption.

Well, they have a camp this weekend.  Let's see how the organization handles that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.