mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

I would like to read what is specified in those bylaws.

I wouldn't know. My guess might be that it would be very loosely worded to allow something quick to be done and actions taken in emergency situations without the need to consult.

51 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Certainly understand the sensitive nature of this subject.  Don't know how BOA and or WGI is structured with regards to these issues. (great discussion) However if either has policies in place that stipulate how they are handled, it may be a model to mirror. That's if DCI member corps agree to expand the arm of authority of DCI. 

WGI and BOA will operate the same as DCI. anytime there is a conflict in WGI even between competitors and loose rules often they refer you to go back and let directors hash it out. AS with many loose rules often they suggest this or that and say they do not condone. 

Don' think for a second WGI and others haven't swept their own issues  with many subjects under the rug and unless you are in the thick of things many don't even know something existed

• Thanks 1

Ok, this made me just go and revisit RAMD. 90 minutes I will never get back.

• Haha 1

Is anyone else here surprised that the one person who did the right thing by reporting rape to Acheson is being cast as the villain? 

Thinking about this...

And I don't know, I'm not a conspiracy guy, etc.

Even if DCI technically doesn't have the authority, powers, etc. This could be something where, you do it with the thought that- Hey, would anyone be senseless and crazy enough to challenge what we're doing in court and try and get an injunction? The court of public opinion would pretty much weigh heavily against any party doing that at this point.

Edited by BigW

3 minutes ago, wallace said:

Is anyone else here surprised that the one person who did the right thing by reporting rape to Acheson is being cast as the villain? 

By whom? Not by 99 percent of the posters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Thinking about this...

And I don't know, I'm not a conspiracy guy, etc.

Even if DCI technically doesn't have the authority, powers, etc. This could be something where, you do it with the thought that- Hey, would anyone be senseless and crazy enough to challenge what we're doing in court and try and get an injunction? The court of public opinion would pretty much weigh heavily against any party doing that at this point.

The court of public opinion, correct or not seems to be worse than the law at times. Just look in the past months all across the country

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

The court of public opinion, correct or not seems to be worse than the law at times. Just look in the past months all across the country

Yeah, I know. Still, I don't think anyone would want upset people picketing or protesting them on that.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wallace said:

OK, I must have missed something.  Who reported rape to Acheson, and who is being cast as the villain?

5 minutes ago, wallace said:

Surprised?  No. Disappointed?  Yes. Stu was a goofball so not credible. Stu went to the wrong person. That's right, the executive director of DCI has no power. He can only shrug his shoulders. Oh and he also has no recollection of any conversation. And yet, time and again on this website I read that Hopkins' proclivities were "the worst kept secret in DCI".  It doesn't add up. 

• Like 3