The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

4 hours ago, wallace said:

Is anyone else here surprised that the one person who did the right thing by reporting rape to Acheson is being cast as the villain? 

Victim? No. Should he have gone to the authorities as many of us told him in 2003? Yes. RAMD was not the proper place to get it addressed. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BigW said:

Which is good. I hope they will also have valued input for the rest of DCI as well.

Agreed... I would hope that whatever is learned/developed can be models for other.

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Victim? No. Should he have gone to the authorities as many of us told him in 2003? Yes. RAMD was not the proper place to get it addressed. 

Bingo. You go to the authorities. That's where the buck stops. 

Stu was a "boy who cried wolf " about many things to the point that he was ignored, or go to the authorities, or go to the person or thing he had an issue with directly.

In all things like this, go to the authorities if you see something as a third party. I know this is difficult for the victims to do, but such a great Samaritan should have no issues going to the police...

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Bingo. You go to the authorities. That's where the buck stops. 

Stu was a "boy who cried wolf " about many things to the point that he was ignored, or go to the authorities, or go to the person or thing he had an issue with directly.

In all things like this, go to the authorities if you see something as a third party. I know this is difficult for the victims to do, but such a great Samaritan should have no issues going to the police...

Just to clarify:

It looks like in the article he said he did go to the police, but that they told him they couldn't do anything.  

And also, he acknowledged in the article that he didn't see anything himself.  He said he had heard a rumor.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

The new YEA board selected RAINN.

Ok lost track of who was “they” good idea to get outside assistance either way 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

EEOC complaint in 2006?

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

EEOC complaint in 2006?

Yikes. And the more I read about Hopkins the more I want him locked up. What a creep. 

• Thanks 2