mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

EEOC complaint in 2006?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

EEOC complaint in 2006?

That’s how it reads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

EEOC complaint in 2006?

Yikes. And the more I read about Hopkins the more I want him locked up. What a creep. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yikes. And the more I read about Hopkins the more I want him locked up. What a creep. 

It makes my skin crawl. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yikes. And the more I read about Hopkins the more I want him locked up. What a creep. 

Does he still have any of the perks he had a few weeks back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Just to clarify:

It looks like in the article he said he did go to the police, but that they told him they couldn't do anything.  

And also, he acknowledged in the article that he didn't see anything himself.  He said he had heard a rumor.

so Dan is being made to look like a bad guy for no reason

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Does he still have any of the perks he had a few weeks back?

God I hope not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GH “Shirley we know I have serious problems but what they are is a whole other issue :-) 
Actually we were watching radar and convincing the stadium management to let cadets 2 get on before the rain . Needless to say - unsuccessful; at least for a while . Glad all the corps.got out there :-) 

KG “We're all in drum corps. If we don't have issues, THAT'S when something's wrong with us!

EC “Drum corps *is* an issue, probably our major one. As long as we don't suffer in silence. ;)

interesting disussion knowing know what has happened

Edited by ripper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ripper said:


Actually we were watching radar and convincing the stadium management to let cadets 2 get on before the rain . Needless to say - unsuccessful; at least for a while . Glad all the corps.got out there .

That was the first year in Annapolis.  Jim threw his towel down to the pit to dry off the equipment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Just to clarify:

It looks like in the article he said he did go to the police, but that they told him they couldn't do anything.  

And also, he acknowledged in the article that he didn't see anything himself.  He said he had heard a rumor.

Thanks for that.  So, if STU reported it to the authorities, aka the police, and they did nothing, then I wonder what would Acheson do that the police could not?  What's the point of the article mentioning STU in the first place? 

A lot of people on here don't know  how controversial and crap stirring STU was on RAMD.  As I've said, there is a point where things can become a Witch Hunt and "EVERYONE" becomes suspect. We can just have random third parties accuse people that they have a beef with  of knowing something bad and not acting on that hearsay to get rid of them...

No concrete evidence needed. I say, give that evidence to the authorities and let them figure out what is actionable or not.

Alternatively, we get into potential defamation torts.

When we have accusations from victims, then that should carry a lot more weight and that needs to be addressed in every way possible.

 

What we got with the STU article is just stirring the pot for more views. 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.