The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

28 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Why do you think a law firm though? 

Well, they thought about letting the collective members of DCP undertake the investigation, but ...

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

58 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

neil26n-33-web.jpg

Man... how did I miss that???? :tongue:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Ebo's posts remind me of some sort of thing write Stuart Rice used to post back in the day, the chief difference being Ebo is short and succinct while Stuart would have written a wall of text to communicate even the simplest (and usually demonstrably wrong) idea.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. And if anyone out there has wondered why there was skepticism from some folks on DCP about Stuart Rice coming forward as the "critic" in the Philly.com article a few days ago with really nothing more than an uncorroborated rumor, maybe now they can see the reason why. He has a documented history whereby his message, which may actually be relevant and important, gets completely lost in all the self-serving horse #### that has nothing whatsoever to do with the matter at hand. And now we're seeing a similar type of behavior in ebo (with noted "stylistic" distinctions pointed out by Kamaraq above). But this is why people get so easily frustrated and skeptical. I mean really, the last three or four pages of this thread are basically ebo saying over and over, "Yeah, but she started it!"

The ironic thing is, I'd say that most people here actually agree with ebo that Sean King is a good man with a solid reputation. What it all comes down to is one simple question, though. Did the incoming YEA board of directors take the appropriate course of action in temporarily suspending Sean King pending the results of their investigation of the allegations put forth against him in the April 12th Philadelphia Inquirer article? The consensus on DCP was that yes, they did indeed take the right course of action. After what happened with GH, they were left with no choice. Ebo disagreed and here we are, several days and several rants and several conspiracy theories (!!!) posted later. And good intentions aside, that's exactly the kind of "noise" that does NOT need to be added to an extremely volatile situation such as this, nor does it do anything to help Sean King.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... how did I miss that???? :tongue:

You were probably arguing with Garfield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Cavalier said:

Bully was a GREAT opener, Thanks for the memories !

IMO, the original 1966 version is still the best ever.

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled trolling, accusations, innuendo, hearsay, and speculation, with facts mixed in from time to time. :8_laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Where is that talking fried egg gif that Corpsband used all the time? Would've been appropriate on the last several pages of this thread imo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You were probably arguing with Garfield.

LOL!!!!  I haven't been arguing with him.  In fact, I find him a mostly hale and hearty fellow. :8_laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring

34 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Well, they thought about letting the collective members of DCP undertake the investigation, but ...

...... ( to finish your sentence ) it was apparently determined that they couldn't possibly ever pay them enough to ever want the job.

Edited by BRASSO

6 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Did the incoming YEA board of directors take the appropriate course of action in temporarily suspending Sean King pending the results of their investigation of the allegations put forth against him in the April 12th Philadelphia Inquirer article? The consensus on DCP was that yes, they did indeed take the right course of action. After what happened with GH, they were left with no choice. 

Completely agree with this statement and would add that there are two clear outcomes:

1. Sean is completely vindicated and assumes the role of CEO

2. There is something behind the accusations and as result YEA would need to go to a "Plan B"

At this point it is in the investigators hands and lets hope we have a thorough yet expedited review so this can be resolved one way or another and the organization can move on to the next items on their overly full plate.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Where is that talking fried egg gif that Corpsband used all the time? Would've been appropriate on the last several pages of this thread imo

I don't have time to cover for everything corpsband contributed here, but since it was requested...

36gow.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5