The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

34 minutes ago, Old Cavalier said:

Excuse my ignorance for this question and I'm hoping someone can help with the answer.

Why did Jeff Fiedlers name pop up in a story relating to George Hopkins and what he has

to do with this controversy

Confused for a change

Good catch.

I expected his name to come up in some historical discussion, but not connected to Hop.

12 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

The answer to your question comes in two parts, and one of them has been generally ruled off-topic for this thread by mods. The part that's on-topic, specifically connected to Hopkins, is that Fiedler was floated as a possible successor. It's not clear to me that Fiedler had any interest in that. There was a report yesterday in this thread that somebody hacked the YEA website to say he was working for them now... he is not.

I was beginning to look around for dogs sleeping with cats.

So to speak.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I was pleased at that time. Then the true Stuart cane out and he called the school I taught at to try and get me fired

This is really crazy, and actually puts things in perspective.

You know, I think most people here have good intentions with regards to this particular discussion on sexual harrassment.  However, it sickens me to consider that there seem to be a few rare examples of people that will use this situation as a means to get what they want.  It's absolutely disgusting, and totally inappropriate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I was pleased at that time. Then the true Stuart cane out and he called the school I taught at to try and get me fired

Wow. Thanks! I just wanted to verify he wasn't making things up. My eyebrows raised when I saw that quote. I was rather incredulous.

8 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Apropos of nothing, I'm surprised to see that channel 69 is a news station...

Nice.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

Yes.... keep  that thought. Heavy drinking has been a common coping strategy around here lately.

Several bottles of rare 14% ABV Sammiclaus Schwaartze in the Beer Fridge, I may have to crack one open now you mention this...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, garfield said:

I just started a new thread, Part 2, to summarize the major issues to this point and provide a new, clean starting point.

I ask that one of you help me by posting first in the thread with a summary of the points and keep it updated as needed, please?  I'll ask the mod to pin that post at the top.

I don't have a notion of how long these discussions here go, so... well, there you go.

Kudos to all for the civil discussion, and apologies to almost all who I PO'd.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1